Tropical View International Hotel
Cara Lodge(Georgetown)
US$116
US$111
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$129
US$95
US$305
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

I had a really good, comfortable stay there, it's really nice, I would recommend anyone and the price is worth it, I was there for a week in the hotel, the have a lot of food places close by, taxi service, don't forget buddies hotel is walking distance from there

Stayed: December 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Aisha T
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I have stayed at the Tropical View several times over the last four years, some times alone and some times with groups of 20+ people. Room rates are very reasonable for what you get. Rooms are plain but typically clean. Breakfast is generally pretty good and included in the room. The Wi-Fi is free and typically provides pretty fast in-room internet access. The hotel is on a busy street and it can get really loud at night and in the early morning with dogs barking, roosters calling, and people yelling. The main issue that I have had over the year with Tropical View is the service. Several times I have made reservations and when I arrived there was mass confusions about whether they had enough rooms, the rooms were ready and what the rates were. This does not look good when you are with a group because everyone doubts that you have your stuff together. Also on several occasions I have had basic requests like storing luggage at the front desk on the day of departure denied. These events are confusing because other times front desk staff have been very helpful, providing courier service to change money, calling cabs, etc. This is why I gave them an average ranking because the service and rooms can be inconsistent. The bottom line is that room rates are cheap and sometimes you get what you pay for, while other times you get a good value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Mhallett2320
Reviewed 30 December 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night when I just needed a place to sleep basically. The cheapest room is GYD $9000 or US $45 and you get a single bed, AC, TV, phone, free Wi-Fi and breakfast which you have to preorder (free). The reception staff weren't the most helpful, but not terrible either. The location is relatively safe too.

Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank RajivDoobay
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My family was unexpectedly in need of a hotel in transit from Guyana to Brazil, and we stayed here one night. The rooms were plain, but fairly clean. The neighborhood was fair. The breakfast was eggs, hot dog wieners, and toast. It was a good price, so we reserved a room for when we came back through. To our surprise, we did not have a room when we came back. They would not even help us find another hotel. They just left us stranded! Just back from Brazil we did not have enough Guyanese cash to keep hiring taxis while hotel hunting, and ended up walking all over town with our bags to find a hotel with an opening! It was dark before we found a place! It was not a good situation! My little girl was exhausted and scared. I will never go back to that hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank rlsrogers81
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this was my first time in Guyana; I was there to attend a church conference and although we had originally planned for another hotel; but due to some mix-up of information ; Tropical View was then recommended, and we were not disappointed; clean, spacious, air condition rooms, the staff very warm and friendly with complimentary breakfast. and laundry service they made our 7 nights stay a very memorable one.

Room Tip: my preference is rooms on the eastern side higher floors maybe less A/C noise but so too was the ground floor. we had no complains.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business