Pegasus Hotel Guyana
Opus Hotel(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
The Durban Hotel(Georgetown)
Rima Guesthouse(Georgetown)
Agoda.com
All reviewspoolside restaurantlive bandbreakfast buffetbusiness tripgeorgetown guyanacleaning staffenjoyed my staythe air conditioningsalted fishgymupgradesseawalltaxisusd
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Pegasus hosted our family for a wedding on December 26th 2017..the wait and event staff was extraordinary and deserves huge recognition....Special mention to the waiter. ..Lyn Moore....she was exceptional ..the way she served my mom (a blind lady) she deserves major compliments. Thanks to all that made this event a huge success

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank JRNorton8
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

This is a good place to stay. Clean comfortable rooms. Good value. Bar area is a good place to eat and drink a Carib or Banks. Breakfast has a tasty stewed fish. Not luxury but more than adequate. I would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I stayed in the hotel for several days this past week. We arrived early around 10 am, but were not able to check in until 2 pm. It was quite a disappointment because I refuse to believe that none of the rooms were clean before exactly 2 pm.
We had lunch in the hotel's cafe which was fine - the roti was excellent, soft and fresh.
Breakfast buffet was also good - except the scrambled eggs. The eggs were wet wet wet and tasted like soft boiled eggs/ half cooked. Everyone who ate the eggs ended up with at least a stomach ache at worst diarrhea.
The Italian restaurant was also not very good - the Italian wedding soup had absolutely no flavor - even after adding salt, the flavor was lacking. I'm also used to there being plenty vegetables in this soup - there was one whole leaf.... The fettuccine carbonara was ... ugh.... overly heavy and not very good. Left most on my plate.
Ate at the pool restaurant twice - the first time great service, great steak sandwich - the second time, I had to walk from the bar to bar to inside the restaurant before finally having someone help me (the staff kept sending me to their colleagues). It then took 45 minutes for the food to arrive - and the sandwich did not have all the fixings it had the night before.... is there no fixed recipe?
The absolutely worst part was the air-conditioning - there is no sensor, so the a/c does not turn off when it becomes to cold. In the bedroom the room started out at 60 F and after two days on auto it had reached 68 F. I would turn it off which then caused condensation and slippery floors. Even in the workshop space - the a/c was on and it was freezing cold, then they would turn it off until everyone was sweating at which point it would be turned on again.... all day long....

Some good points - there are some friendly servers in the restaurant and by the pool. I guess you just have to be lucky?
The buffets are plentiful and the food is relatively good.
You get milk with the tea and they have honey as well.
The beds are nice and firm and there are plenty of pillows.
The rooms are a good size - nice desk, fridge in the desk and the shower had plenty of hot water.

So in summary bring winter clothes to sleep in and as always when traveling bring plenty of patience.

Room Tip: Bring warm clothes for in the room as they are freezingly cold.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

5th of 2017 I arrived for dinner with some old friends at the pegasus hotel poolside where we were greeted with a pleasant and friendly server . We order dinner 25 minutes after when my steak arrived it was over cooked i ask our server to speak with the supervisor a middle aged woman came up to our table with an angry facial expression she started off by asking us "What wrong did our server did " my sister respond. Its not our server fault but our steak is over cooked this woman ask "What do you want me to do about it, its not my fault. So unprofessional. After 30 minutes i saw her walking towards our table with my plate in her hand her finger was in my mash patatoes i just got turn off about eating dinner there. Paid my bill and went back to the marriott where we were staying i don't ever want to encounter this woman again. We describe her to the front desk her name is. ( shemica isaacs)

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank carla2590james
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Reserved a table for 8 persons. On arrival we waited 15 minutes before we were finally seated. Drinks were ordered but another long wait of an hour before they arrived.
Went to Buffet......a choice was there but very small quantities. Another wait for refills. Neither plates nor cutlery were readily available. YES. Another long wait.Food was lukewarm.
Desert a disappointing shambles.......
Live band were a disappointment.
Unfortunately the excuse was staffing levels. .

Room Tip: Did not stay so No comment
Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family