“Affordable and would come back”

Seafood in a Bucket by ASAP
Ranked #1,304 of 2,384 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Ansar Gallery branch. I liked the clams in Asian barbeque sauce.

Service (management of orders) could be improved as one order for sweet potato fries was not delivered on time (at the end of the meal).

Unlimited rice is good for me.

Uses lots of plastic. Could be more environment friendly.

Come early especially if you are many or get a reservation. They will only cook your order once you are seated so while waiting, get the waiter to take your orders in advance. It will save some time on deciding which food to order.

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited last March 2014.
We waited for almost 2 hours just to get in the and be served since many are in line.
Finally, when we get in, our expectations were not really met.
As someone who grew up in an island which is abundant of fresh sea foods, I can tell that the
seafoods they served are far from fresh. One thing that I enjoyed though is their mojito drink which is awesome. Price is cheap also. Definitely, this place is not somewhere I would always go back to.

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Food was OK. The taste depends on the sauce you choose. It was actually in Al Karama, DUBAI not in Abu Dhabi. It was a fair experience. Although, they have poor ventilation and I think they're AC is not working as it's too hot inside.

Date of visit: May 2014
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went to this restaurant due to rave reviews I've read everywhere but unfortunately this joint will not make it to my personal "places to frequent list"...

1) There was no one at the door when we came so we had no clue if we can just go in and find a table by ourselves as a clipboard with a waiting list is on the reception table
2) We decided to go in and was advised by the cashier that we can take the table in the corner but it's still being cleaned. All good until the diners from the other table decided they want to take that corner table and none of the wait staff told them that someone's already waiting for it
3) Since the table we have been directed to has been taken over, we sat at the table those other diners decided to abandon but was told by 1 waiter that we can't because the table is already occupied! I had to point out to him that those diners have decided to take OUR table instead (better attention to customers needed maybe??) - no apologies whatsoever...
4) After they took our 1st orders (which was quick) it took forever to get a wait staff at the table for additional orders as they keep avoiding eye contact!
5) The crackers are not free! Not sure if it used to be as the menu shows it's aed 5...
6) Nothing special as the taste of the food come from the sauces so if you have the same sauce for whatever you order they would all taste the same
7) Saving graces - drinks for aed 5 / aed 6 that are so big you will not ask for a refill even if it's bottomless, the bucket of fish crackers and the calamari with black pepper sauce at aed 13 (about 10 pcs)!

Our total bill came to aed 124 for 4 people. Not bad but I could have spent the same amount for a better meal elsewhere...

Date of visit: April 2014
1  Thank Jemz30
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just heard also from some friends which according to them, "it's affordable". So we went there with the whole family, all of us are excited to try it. Luckily, my sister-in-law saw their contact number online (04-3885219) and had a reservation for 8 persons. So went there on time and waited for only half an hour. When we arrived the resto, there's already a very long queue and inside there was a birthday celebration.
So we ordered, almost all kinds of seafoods in the menu. The most expensive is the 2 order of lobster which cost AED51. We even ordered the fish crackers without knowing that it's complimentary hahaha!
About the food, I can say average coz everything was fried or steamed. The taste actually depends on the sauce. And to push everything down into your stomach, well well well this is my favorite part, the juice in a JAR! (Daig pa nito ang bottomless icedtea haha) though it is also bottomless but who will ask for more? And that is the most affordable 'coz it only cost 6dhs (flavored). I will definetely go back for that juice in a jar hihi and get drunk!

Date of visit: March 2014