“Charming”

Ranked #17 of 1,039 Restaurants in Beirut
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: BEDIVERE Eatery and Tavern is located in the historic Hamra district of Beirut, Lebanon on Jean d'Arc Street. Since our doors opened, we have always been a meeting place for friends from all over the world. Along with the combination of the authentic medieval spirit and vivacious pub splendor, BEDIVERE is considered a top spot for excellent food, extraordinary drinks and socializing. At any given moment, a broad cross-section of international and regional cultures are rubbing elbows at the bar discussing the recent news, arguing the merits of a sport team or advocating the idea of the century. At BEDIVERE, everyone is welcome and quickly become regulars. Here a doctor, a lawyer, a student, a journalist, a teacher, or a retired banker can feel comfortable accepted for who they are and known by their name or what they drink. Throughout each day, BEDIVERE Eatery and Tavern has an essence like no other place in Lebanon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In love with this little pub in Beirut - where you get a little treat on your bill if you leave your mobile with the bartender.

Bedivere is a place to enjoy amazing drinks, some of the most unique in town, with GREAT music, and amazing service. The staff and owner make you feel like family instantaneously.
Their food is also great, almost as good as home-made, and they offer delivery to nearby areas.

Date of visit: October 2018
Pierre I, Public Relations Manager at Bedivere Eatery & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Hiba!
Thank you so much for this amazing review. we always feel the good vibes when reading such heartwarming comments and feel the satisfaction of our visitors!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Best food. Generous and fresh drinks. Great coffee. Amazing breakfast. Constant performance. The staff have become family.

Date of visit: August 2018
Pierre I, Public Relations Manager at Bedivere Eatery & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hello Jamil!
Thank you for your review we really appreciate it and always take positive vibes from such feedbacks!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I spent a few days in Beirut and my hotel was just down the road on Jeanne D'Arc. The gastropub was recommended by a friend and we met there on a Friday evening. I arrived around 5 pm and found the bar inside half full of after workers having a few drinks to celebrate the weekend. I sat at the bar and since I wasn't familiar with Lebanese beers, well the more recent ones anyway, I asked the barman to recommend something for me. He went through the options, a nice selection of local beers, some of them more on the craft side and other longtime favorites such as Laziza, Al Maza etc. I chose a Lebanese beer names 961, which comes in the usual options so I selected an IPA. The beer was really good and since I was settling in for the evening I stuck to that one beer. Over the next couple of hours, the inside bar area filled but didn't overfill. Most seats were taken but it didn't feel cramped and service didn't suffer. My friends arrived and we decided to take a table outside street side. The barman arranged this for us and we move there and then ordered some food. The menu is fairly extensive with a good selection of western and local favorites. We were there until about 11pm and I thought that the total bill was very reasonable considering the number of drinks we had, some ladies cocktails (my friend's wives) and a couple of Bourbons for the boys later in the evening. I visited Bedivere again a couple of times, ie Saturday mid-morning for breakfast. I sat outside and watched the world go by, had a very decent full English type of breakfast which was again very good and a couple of coffees which were freshly brewed. Overall this is a great place for a few drinks in the evening or afternoon for that matter. Breakfast or brunch is also a worthwhile reason to stop. Staff are very friendly and again I was happy with the prices and value for money. A great pub all round.

Date of visit: February 2018

Hello Paul,
Thank you for the detailed review we really appreciate it and it makes us proud to feel the satisfaction of our visitors!

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed a long lunch here today.
The server; Yusuf, is fast, friendly, and very competent.
My wife had a salad, myself a chilli burger, both where very good.
The draft red ale is a welcome alternative to the usual cold fizzy bottles.
Well worth a visit.
Will try breakfast tomorrow.

Date of visit: August 2018
Pierre I, Public Relations Manager at Bedivere Eatery & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hello There!
We are glad that you liked our food and can't wait to see you again over breakfast!

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

With the rest of Hamra being very average this place was great from coffee to breakfast lunch and drinks. Efficient fast service particularly the bar staff tall guy with beard. During my 4 day stay I visited at least once a day. Happy hour 5 to 8 is also good. Clean and well run unusual in Lebanon

Date of visit: August 2018
Pierre I, Public Relations Manager at Bedivere Eatery & Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Hello There!
Hope to see you again soon when you come back to Lebanon!