US$139
  • Room Service
US$116
US$99
US$280
Beverly Hotel Beirut(Beirut)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$537
US$400
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsle vendomesister hotelboutique hoteltop floorsea viewminute neckfree nightlimited breakfast optionsnice terrace restaurantlimited facilitieshome away from homelovely boutiqueihg hotelsintercontinental phoeniciacomfortable bedsclose to downtownprime location
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel because its top floor bar is famous. I was therefore very disappointed that it was closed during my stay. The staff said they understand my disappointment.

The hotel seemed to be almost empty to the extent of feeling dull. (Probably because it was Ramadan.) The ground floor reception area has old fashioned style but it's rather dark.

Rooms are smallish but comfortable. I had a sea view which I liked and some rooms have a balcony. No separate shower. Lighting not great for reading.

There's no swimming pool but guests can use the Phonicia's. I learnt this from TripAdvisor - I wasn't told at check-in.

Beirut is not a bargain city but the hotel is very expensive for what you get. If you are thinking of using an Ambassador free night voucher pay attention to the rate for the night you're paying. It was 50% more than the rate on the IHG website in my case - so if you stay 3 nights the free night is worthless.

Unlike other IHG hotels there's no 600 point welcome gift.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank John_Conakry
Phoenicia Hotel B, Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed feedback about Le Vendome Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a less pleasant stay with us and that you had some inconveniences.
Please note that your matter has been escalated to the higher management.
Thank you once again; we hope we can welcome you back soon,
Said Oueini

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I can't recommend Le Vendome enough. I spent five nights here with my son and can say that from beginning to end our stay was perfect!

The staff are a credit to the IHG brand. Returning to the hotel after a day experiencing the rather 'brusque' style which passes for customer service elsewhere in Beirut it was a pleasure to be treated with such friendly professionalism. Nothing was too much trouble, from finding a UK adaptor (which we had forgotten) to arranging reliable taxis (not easy in Beirut!) everything was done with good grace.

The bar/restaurant on the top floor is top class with attentive but low key service.

We paid a visit to the Phoenicia, the much bigger IHG sister hotel nearby. It was flashy and brash. More like a hotel I would expect to find in Dubai (not that I'd ever go there...) and lacked the class and refinement of Le Vendome.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Phoenicia Hotel B, Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your detailed review about Le Vendome Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm very glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay and that you can't recommend Le Vendome Hotel enough!
Thank you once again for your feedback and recommendation; we are looking forward to welcome you back soon!
Said Oueini

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about how at home the staff of this wonderful hotel made me feel. Everyone at the front desk, as well as the wait staff, was masterfully attentive, friendly, kind, generous, and insightful. Roy really started off my visit well with his wonderful welcome at the front desk. By the second time I saw him, I felt that he had already developed a very accurate, personalized sense of my interests and preferences. He and his colleagues never erred once in carrying through on that, which is close to unheard of, since in other great hotels I normally find at least someone on the staff who either makes clear he has no time for me or overwhelms me. Roy and his colleagues, in contrast, struck the perfect balance. When I returned after a very long day of exploring, I found that they made a perfectly timed reservation for a 15-minute neck-and-shoulder massage for me, courtesy of the hotel. Dinner recommendations and reservations were expertly made, they showed genuine interest in how my experience was going, and they bookended my time with very thoughtful welcome notes and fruit upon my arrival and an espresso for energy for the road while I waited for my transportation to the airport on my last day. I was sorry to leave when my time was up. I stay in hotels over half of my year, and this staff was my favorite of the last year or two.

I also loved the hotel itself. My room was appointed with classical French detail, with a calming view out over the Mediterranean from a delightful balcony. There are few rooms per floor, allowing the hallways to be appointed in a way more reminiscent of a (grand) house than an institution. The bathroom was excellent, allowing me both a great soak one evening and full-volume showers each day. The king bed was luxuriously dressed without requiring annoying amounts of stripping away before bedtime. Turndown service was punctual and unobtrusive. I was also quite glad for a well-proportioned writing desk, since I did do some work in this mostly tourism-focused trip.

I stayed at one other leading hotel on this same trip to Beirut and stopped in to see close to all of the other leading hotels in the hotel district. None came close to being as good of a fit for me as La Vendome. I thought its sister, Intercontinental Phoenicia (where I only stopped by one evening), was too much like a big, impressive, glitzy, buzzy Las Vegas or Miami Beach Hotel, which I know many people love, but they generally feel impersonal or over the top to me. Le Vendome was a far different world.

I look forward to being able to return to this excellent hotel and its delightful staff.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Phoenicia Hotel B, Front Office Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Welby,
Thank you for your detailed and beautiful feedback about Le Vendome Hotel on TripAdvisor.
I'm very glad to know we have exceeded your expectations during your stay; that you had an amazing experience and that you think the staff are wonderful .
Thank you again for your amazing review and for your high recommendation.
We are looking forward to welcome you back the soonest!

Reviewed 25 February 2018

It is a great luxury hotel, but breakfast is really special, the best quality and variety in an amazing setting overlooking the sea. Room has all necessary services and amenities, and service was correct.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Phoenicia Hotel B, Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Priscila,
Thank you for your positive feedback about Le Vendome Hotel on TripAdvisor.
Looking forward to welcome you back the soonest!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Luxurious, Calm, Very Clean, Great Rooms, Amazing Location.
Most of the rooms have breathtaking sea front view.
To top it all, there is an amazing rooftop bar/lounge/restaurant that is very nicely frequented.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Phoenicia Hotel B, Manager at Le Vendome Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Dear Dana,
Thank you for your lovely feedback about Le Vendome Hotel in TripAdvisor.
I'm very glad to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay and that you think it's your home away from home!
Thank you once again for you positive feedback; looking forward to welcome you back the soonest!