All reviews le sauvage luxury suite japanese restaurant premier room diplomatic area coffee machine room service the air conditioning an excellent hotel an upgrade business trip bahrain bay visiting bahrain house keeping special thanks imari brunch
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed here three times and each time has been pretty much the same. The rooms are bit odd in their layout, but it’s a welcome change from your standard hotel room. The bathroom is very spacious. The service is friendly and attentive. My only disappointment was breakfast. It didn’t offer much variety and the dinning area seemed dated.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
thedomain, General Manager at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

First time staying at this hotel and I was very impressed. Great location and very nice rooms. Lots of restaurants and also great pool. The staff was professional and very friendly. The room had a nice view on the city. It was nice and clean and very comfortable beds. Best thing is the room was very quiet. Definitely a big plus for me. Will return.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo

Reviewed 10 February 2018

The hotel is very modern and the staff is extremely helpful. Rooms are spacious with high tech facilities. Breakfast is quite elaborate and up to high standards. Easy access to cabs and the concierge assists you as required. The views from the room and the restaurants on high floors are amazing. Overall stay and meals - Amazing

Room tip: Choose higher floors
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Gulshan J,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your comment on TripAdvisor.

We are overjoyed to read that you had a wonderful time in our modern luxury hotel and we lived up to your expectation.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in The Domain Hotel and Spa.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Master’s Wine Dinner at Le Sauvage, The Domain Hotel and Spa - was an extra ordinary food and wine pairing experience and I can tell one of the best in Bahrain.

The monthly Masters Wine Dinner event - is Where Everything Happens From the best food to the memorable evening. Allow yourself to be overwhelmed by the atmosphere and the perfect combination between ambiance, style and service. Kudos to Chad and to the entire team of Le Sauvage.

A must try in Bahrain!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Vida D,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your comment on TripAdvisor.

It's indeed a great pleasure to read your wonderful feedback on our masterpiece "Master's Wine Dinner" and it is more that great to know how much you've enjoyed the event.

We thanks you once again for your kind feedback and look froward to welcome you for the "Premier Anniversary" on the 26 April 2018.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The Hotel is in serious need for renovation; rooms (I had a “de luxe” double room) are small with very tired furniture/upholding. Difficult if not impossible to adjust A/C (it was too cold). I was give a room communicating with the adjacent room (!!) by means of a door; hence poor insulation; hence embarrassing “noises” from adjacent room in the middle of the night.... Swimming pool is ridiculously small. I went to the Japanese restaurant and food was OK but nothing exceptional; price is fair but the nice filippino waitress kept coming after 3-5 second We finished our meals ti clear the table in rush; she even took a tray away from me while I was trying to eat the last piece of sushi.... I said price are OK until you look at the wine list; then you cam forget: a glass of average sauvignon will go for 7(+20% taxes/service charges)BD, meaning almost 18 euros (in Europe you would buy an entire bottle of the same wine for 5-6 euros). So I did not bother to drink any wine.
In conclusion, at this level of service the Hotel would get max 3 star rating anywhere in the world but in the Middle East, and would cost max. 40 euros per night. At check out I wanted to complain about the “communicating rooms” but the men at reception did not even bother to ask if everything was ok. I will never go again in this substandard hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marco V
Frank Normann E, General Manager at The Domain Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.
All your points have been discussed with the various Department Heads, and actioned accordingly.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.