US$193
US$103
US$164
US$125
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$230
Monroe Hotel(Manama)
US$60
Priceline
Awal Hotel(Manama)
All reviewsprivate poolrotibotigolf carcomplete privacyroyal treatmentjacuzzi and steam roomno alcoholroom service menunice resortkids clubluxury hotelspecial thanksvillafacilitiesrelaxationbahrain
Reviewed 26 January 2016

Spent three nights at Al Areen on a business trip.

This is a relatively modern hotel about 15 miles south of Manama. The rooms are individual villas, each with its own swimming pool and Jacuzzi. It is a very luxurious place.

Buggies are provided to ferry guests to their villas. The drivers are uniformly courteous and cheerful, as, indeed, are all the members of staff.

The rooms are very comfortable indeed. The floors are of polished marble and the fittings are of high quality. However, there are signs that the complex is in need of upgrading. It is now about 20 years old and it needs some money spent.

The hotel used to be the Banyan Tree Resort. It has been bought, I understand, by a Bahraini investor. I do hope that be will invest fully in this wonderful property so that it may continue pleasing guests for years to come.

I would return. It is wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
Varsha B, Front Office Manager at Al Areen Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your patronage as well as your kind review.

I am pleased to hear that the hotel and it's facilities as well as the team were able to make your visit a pleasant experience.

As recommended by you, we are delighted to advise that we have already started the renovation of the interiors of the villa as well as the public areas and adding a new Indian restaurant in the very near future.

We have just completed the renovation of our vitality pool and looking at several other areas of improvement.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and me and the team look forward to welcoming you back.

Varsha Bhatia,

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed for the 3rd time, during a weekend, and experienced a premium villa which offers extra services such as butler, which is really appreciable. The staff is still very welcoming and attentive to every single detail of your stay. I could see that they are constantly upgrading the facilities and seem to open soon a new restaurant. I always enjoy the privacy of the villas and the perfectly heated large pools.

Stayed: January 2016

Dear PMV,

Thank you for your patronage and the kind review. I am delighted to hear that the hotel, its' facilities as well as the team were able to make your visit a most memorable experience.

As truly noticed by you, we are upgrading several facilities and services at the hotel. We have recently added the butler services for our guests. We are working on adding a new Indian restaurant in the very near future. We are also initiating several new classes in the health club and spa for our guests to enjoy while at the hotel.

It would be a pleasure to see you in the near future and introduce the new facilities and services at the hotel for a more enhanced experience.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I have had the privilege of visiting Al Areen several times in the last few years..in 2011 I stayed in the resort..I am part of a team from India conducting self experiential learning programmes..the resort offers ample space for such activities..what I observed during this recent trip in Dec 2015, was a change in approach and attitude due to the dynamic and vibrant presence of a young Marketing Manager, Parikshith Sambasivan, fondly addressed as Pari...he is a true angel..from the time of our arrival at 6.30 AM till our departure at 7.30 PM his contribution was phenomenal..was very supportive, positive response to each request, open to changes and modifications, always smiling, a doer and an achiever .. the resort offers ample privacy for both business and private outings..food was very good and the service polite and pleasant

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
Varsha B, Front Office Manager at Al Areen Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Dear Mr. Arjun,

Thank you for your kind feedback! I am so delighted that you had a memorable experience with us and Pari was able to be of assistance.

All of us and esp. Pari wishes to thank you for your patronage, loyalty and kind review.

We truly look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 December 2015

The stuff were very very friendly, extraordinary communication skills and hospitality.

Every piece in the Palace is very clean, aroma cents in every where.

Music in everywhere specifically the bathroom!.

indoor and outdoor pool at the health club were quiet and very well heated since i was there in the winter!

When you need any help you will find it immediately. Stuff smile on your face when they see you!

I took the resort villa with private pool and Jacuzzi and they were extraordinary heated and clean!

The sound "BOSE",light,and HVAC system in the villa were stunning! i really like that and would visit this Palace again and again!

Golf Cars and Valley parking at your service anytime!

The BED, and MATTRESS were sweet and comfortable.

Special thanks to Mr. Himanshu Pandey" the duty manager, he was very beneficial to us during our stay and made our checkin and our very easy.

Room Tip: Desert villa is awesome and you wont need anymore!
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr. Medhat,

Thank you so very much for your kind review.

I am so delighted that we were able to make your stay a most memorable experience.

I have conveyed your appreciation to Himanshu Pandey, our Duty Manager and he wishes to thank you sincerely.

It was an absolute great pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 December 2015 via mobile

Far away from city, dirty and old! And the most expensive place in bahrain! Is not worth it! Sofitel or Ritz are much much better! Yard and pool was full pigeon poop, furniture and rugs old, dull! Overpriced! Staff was ok, breakfast ok, but the rest...nothing! We will never be back!

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Serban2014
Varsha B, Front Office Manager at Al Areen Palace & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for your constructive review. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to reach your expectations on your last visit.

I have noted your comments and am delighted to advise you that we are in the process of renovating our villas and have in fact opened our premium category villas.

We have done a thorough market research and adjusted our selling strategy accordingly.

I have also discussed your comments with the relevant department heads to ensure that the avoidable challenges do not recur.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.,

I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future so that I can showcase our new product and services to you.

Look forward to seeing you soon.