2,482 results
All reviews aubergine restaurant cigar bar the club lounge neve tzedek carmel market concierge service pool staff breakfast buffet executive room guest relations rooms are spacious pool area is mediterranean sea sea view business lounge jaffa martina
Reviewed 3 February 2019 via mobile

My room was spacious with a balcony, which you can sit there with friends with a good view of the beach. Walk along the beautiful beach is a must to do. After 20 minutes of walking, there are old jaffa area with many wonderful restaurants. Location is convenient with money changers nearby. Old style market is within walking distance.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 789geralds
AviYesawich, EAM - Rooms at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2019

Dear 789geralds,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.
We hope you will visit us again.

Avi Y.

Reviewed 28 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel in Tel Aviv. The location is perfect. It is across the street from the beach and about a 20 minute walk to old town/port of Jaffa. It is also a 10 minute walk to the Carmel market. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The breakfast buffet was excellent. A great hotel in a great location.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AviYesawich, EAM - Rooms at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2019

Dear 449dennyb,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel, we use feedback such as yours to continuously improve our services.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed visiting with us and we hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Avi Y.

Reviewed 27 January 2019

The positive:
Good location, large room, very good breakfast.
The negative:
Very dirty, everywhere. You cannot see the view bc the windows are dirty. Rusty metals in the bathroom. stained and dirty carpets. They do not change the linen. Old thin towels. Very cold and the room cannot be heated (the air conditioner output is ca 20C at maximum). There is no way to heat the bathroom at all! The room is done by a single person in ca 2 minutes, so they do almost nothing. They supply a single small shampoo and a soap for the whole visit (4 nights, in my case). Electronic minibar, so if you touch something, your are automatically charged. Very old furniture. Arrogant staff. Besides demanding your credit card, they never smile or offer any help or services. Long waiting at check-in and checkout, even if there is no line (they are extremely slow). If you ask something, they go to speak with their supervisors and let you wait for a long time. At breakfast, just prepare your own coffee. They ask what do you want, but they bring it at the end of the breakfast, if at all. At the entrance to the breakfast, they stop you and ask your room number and your name. Now, you have to wait until they find you in the lists, and after a minute you are released to get in. It feels that the default assumption is that you are a criminal, until they find your name in the list.

The bottom line is that this is definitely not a luxury hotel. The price is so high, so you expect a lot, but very soon you realize that they do not care about their customers and they don't know how to provide services. Don't waste your money in this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank IdosTlv
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2019

Hi IdosTlv,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a rating and sharing your experience. It is wonderful to read you highlighted our large room and wonderful breakfast.

We love being able to offer convenient amenities and strive to make sure that every guest has an amazing stay at our hotel. I understand you were disappointed with the overall level of service delivered by the front desk and housekeeping team. After a tiring journey, one would expect an accommodating demeanor with a genuine interest in welcoming guests, forgive us for not delivering the best. Please know that I have forwarded your comments to the concerned department for necessary training. We have also alerted the maintenance department to conduct a routine schedule for inspection and fixing on our room amenities.

You are our most valued guest and your business with IHG matters. We appreciate your review and I hope you will reconsider another visit, so we can show you the genuine IHG experience.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 26 January 2019 via mobile

There was a point in time where you did not have many good or luxurious options in Tel Aviv. The Hilton is a good option, but can be a bit expensive at times. That leaves us with everything else, until the past few years, where many boutique hotels opened in Nevei tzedek and surrounding areas, as well as two luxury properties, a bit south in Jaffa.

That being said, you would think that the Intercontinental, would hold up its standards, for its brand and make sure that the rooms are updated, instead of being worn, dark and tired. The rooms, do have nice views and the lobby is not bad, but it is by no means up to standard with the InterContinental brand, more like a 3.5 star property.

The staff and management are just rude, if not incompetent. The managers just seem not to care about the guests, and do not make you feel comfortable as they should, especially from an Intercontinental property. They instead make you feel that they are doing you a favor. They should overhaul there management, as the problems with the property start from the top, down.

The wait staff at the restaurants seem to be clueless and make you feel like they don’t want to be there. You have to ask for things several times and there were times that they did not get the order right.

To conclude, they really need to overhaul the rooms, and management in order not to lose guests to the competition. There are many better options now and I suggest you give the others a chance. I would not stay here again, as I want a hotel to earn my business, not make it like they are doing you a favor. No Thank You. If you are looking for a nice stay, try the new properties a bit South in Jaffa, the Hilton, or many of the new boutique properties that will treat you better, if not, at least have nicer accommodations.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank w0rldtraveller2011
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2019

Hi w0rldtraveller2011,

We only want our guests to leave with wonderful memories of their stay with us. I'm very sorry you did not receive the quality customer service you have come to expect from us. This is not the usual here, nor our best.

I've already alerted our hotel about this, and I sent you a private message to learn more about the details of your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D

Reviewed 19 January 2019 via mobile

We met for dinner. 3 couples. Looked for a kosher chef restaurant. And we were very disappointed.
1. The restaurant has no decor. Like an ordinary room in a hotel lobby.
2. The dishes were beautifully served. Very pretty setting. But;
3. Nothing special. No wow factor. No special taste.
4. Service was slow. During the whole evening. Dishes were not served to all of us at the same time. So some finished and others weren't even started... our waiter was a nice guy. Really tried. But...
5. Very expensive. If it was worth it, I would not complain. But saying all I have... It was not worth the price.
* Since it's relatively a new place, I realy hope they get better.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Hello orlytModi_in,

I appreciate you for staying at InterContinental David Tel Aviv and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

I know that the decoration of the restaurant and the service of the staff fell below your expectations. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities and I am sorry for letting you feel otherwise. Your pointers will help us identify specific areas to improve in order to provide the best customer service experience for all our guests deserve. Your comments are specifically addressed to our maintenance team for immediate action.

Your feedback will definitely help us towards bettering our services and we hope to host you again soon.

All the best,