“My Favorite Bar in the World for 4 Years”

ZUTA - Cocktail Bar
Ranked #201 of 749 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Description: ZUTA, a small and intimate cocktail bar, next to 1868 restaurant by chef Yankale Turjeman. The cocktail menu which was created in collaboration with the mixologist Amit Gilad, is built on quality alcohol and ingredients that are made in house. Between 18: 00-20: 00 a discount of up to 50%! Does not apply on special events. The bar is open Sunday - Thursday from 18:00 Saturday - an hour after Shabbat.
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Ever since I first visited Zuta, in 2014, it has been my favorite bar in the world. I have been there at least a dozen times--with friends, family, solo or on a date--and have never had less than a wonderful experience. Every drink I've tried here (probably 15 different drinks) has been fantastic, especially their special Zuta Collection. I hope they continue doing what they do best, as I make sure to visit every time I'm back in Jerusalem. There are three reasons that I love this bar so much:

Ambience-The ambience of this place is incredible. Located in the back of (arguably) Jerusalem's best restaurant, Zuta is a small, cozy bar with a warm, hip and classy ambience. The decor makes you feel like you're in an upscale speakeasy. The lights are pleasant and the music is soothing. It is a quiet and classy place, perfect for a date, business meeting or a solo drink. (Also, the complementary cucumber water is delicious and refreshing, adding more to the experience than you would expect).

Bartenders-These are the best bartenders I have ever seen. Based on your preferences and mood they can recommend drinks for you quite accurately. They are professional, friendly and extremely classy. My favorite part of the experience is watching them make the drinks, which is a mesmerizing fanfare of its own.

Drinks-At the end of the day, the drinks is the reason why I come to this bar. They make the best and most interesting cocktails I've ever had. Although the food is pretty expensive (as it's part of the 1868 restaurant), the drinks are surprisingly fair-priced. The drinks at Zuta are the same price as most of the much worse drinks at lower quality bars elsewhere in town. If you're able to come at happy hour, it's even cheaper. Every cocktail is made in a mesmerizing way and tastes great. My absolute favorite thing about this bar is the Zuta Collection. This part of their menu features a selection of unique drinks that they either invented themselves or tweaked from existing drinks. I love these drinks because they taste good and are incredibly unique, both in flavor and presentation.

I highly recommend this bar to anyone looking for a fascinating experience, incredible cocktails and a relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

We liked this place so much we went there twice. House created cocktails (including Last Guest, Asfar, Marinier) were all delicious. They didn’t honour their happy hour on Saturday night which was a pity. Overall a great experience though. Thanks especially to Guy for the friendly conversation and travel/cocktail discussion. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Delicious kosher cocktails! The variety was well explained and interesting. The food that we saw looked amazing also. We just had the drinks. We did not have a reservation but we got in as it was early. You walk through the restaurant 1968 to get to the cocktail area.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

I went to Zuta with my wife for a quiet, enjoyable evening but our visit was spoiled by a dog who was, for some reason, allowed to roam free in the bar. The drinks were fine, but the food was lacking, especially at the price we paid.

Overall I was quite disappointed with the experience and the slow, inattentive service.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

What a lovely surprise. This bar is relatively small but with a wonderful atmosphere, good music, great finger foods and the best bartender in Jerusalem.