Eyal Hotel
galahotels.com
Villa Ba Moshava(Jerusalem)
US$305
  • Breakfast included
Dan Jerusalem Hotel(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$300
  • Breakfast included
National Hotel Jerusalem(Jerusalem)(Great Value!)
US$429
US$219
US$340
US$327
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsben yehuda streetgreat locationsmart hotelold cityminute walkunderground parkingjaffa gateno meatsmall hotelexcellent breakfastrooms are modernstreet noisecentral locationquiet roomheart of jerusalemfree wifiyogurt
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

There is much good to say about the hotel and one glaring weakness. Probably the best thing about the hotel is it’s location, in the heart of Jerusalem. As many reviews reflect, the Ben Yehuda pedestrian mall is right around the corner and the Western Wall and Machane Yehudah are definitely within walking distance. With windows closed, you hardly hear the noise generated by various bars and restaurants in the area. The hotel provides a typical Israeli breakfast with lots to choose from. We had a junior suite which was clean and comfortable. We had minor issues with both our sink and bathtub, but both problems were dealt with immediately.
The major problem is with the front desk. While those working there are pleasant and helpful, there is usually only one person on duty at a time, even during peak check-in and check-out times. This can and did make for a long wait to check in.
Overall, we would definitely recommend this hotel due to its location, but it would have been an even better stay had there been more than one person at the front desk when we checked in.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So clean, great friendly staff, good breakfast with some variety—could use more for long term guests. Kosher food. Good Shabbat pesach lunch. Great water pressure, comfortable bed, walkable to anywhere. Quiet rooms.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey16
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As all the reviews say, this hotel is in a great location. About a 25 minute walk to Jaffa Gate and a 15 minute walk to Mahane Yuhuda market. Around the corner from the hotel is a pedestrian zone that has a number of restaurants and shops open late.
Breakfast was nice and comprehensive, with several choices in juices, breads, cereal, proteins (eggs and fish), along with several fresh salads. Rooms were nice, a little smaller than North American rooms, but adequate. Beds were firm, however pillows were a bit flat. Bathrooms have a nice walk in shower, good water pressure and consistent heat. Bathrooms come with 2 large towels and hand towels, but not much counter space. Rooms have air conditioning, storage space for clothes, and a safe. We had a interior room and it was nice and quiet; friends had exterior room and found it very noisy. Front desk was helpful and friendly. Hotel has underground parking that was complimentary to us. Street parking is free in the evenings, but come 8am you must have a permit to park. Paid approximately $160 USD per night.

Room Tip: Request interior room for less noise, otherwise bring earplugs.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

If you want to be in the thick of things, the location is great and close to everything--easy transportation, restaurants, Old City tours, shops, etc.
the breakfast that is included in the price of the room is expansive and excellent and the area to eat is very comfortable with good service there.
The issue is the front desk personnel, particularly one guy who exudes the "I really hate my job" look every time he deals with a guest. He greeted us upon arrival with a shrug and what felt like actual distain, choosing to utter as few words as possible, even though he could clearly speak English.
Then, upon checking in and showing my passport for him to write the number, I inadvertently left it at the desk and went to the room. There is a phone in the room, folks. You are supposed to communicate important matters to your guests! Two hours later I went down to the lobby to get some tour brochures. I exited the elevator and made eye contact with him and it wasn't "hello Madame, I want to make sure I give you back your passport right away", in actuality he just looked up from the desk, said nothing, (remember I DIDN'T KNOW I had left it), and held up my passport in his hand without saying a word. I couldn't figure out why he was doing this until I went closer and saw it was actually my passport, which I just took out of his hand and left.
The following day, while we were sitting in the lobby waiting for someone in the evening, we witnessed his general distain for every guest who came up to ask a question to the point that I made a comment about what seemed to be terrible Israel hotel hospitality and an Israeli guest told me not to measure it like that "because that guy is just a jerk and does not represent anything else".
I'm sure management reads these reviews so that is what I wanted to make sure they knew about. We did also deal with a nicer woman clerk one day, but again, we asked if she could tell us where a particular restaurant was where we were recommended to go and she said she never heard of it but we found it literally less than 50 yards away. It was supposedly new, but....really.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Eyal Hotel has an excellent location, 50 meters away from Ben Yehuda Street. It's a very good hotel; the rooms are clean and modern, breakfast is included and is very good and it has parking available. Definitely going to recomend it!!!

Room Tip: Some rooms have a larger bathrooms than others
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family