Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreamsUS$85
Orbitz.comUS$85
Agoda.comUS$85
FindHotelUS$85
Hotels.comUS$85
TravelocityUS$85
All reviews great location old city large living room electric kettle shared taxi air conditioner staff was very friendly and helpful bed was very comfortable walking distance stayed for nights microwave apartment balcony noise tram luggage sink
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

I want to write about the apartment because I don't think the website does the place justice. We have a suite for two people, and here is what we got: a large master bedroom with tv, air conditioner, and a large bathroom with shower; an extra bedroom with two twin beds and air conditioner; a large main bathroom with shower; a large living room with tv, air conditioner, and balcony; and a working kitchen with full size refrigerator, one burner, pots, pans, plates and silverware, and an electric kettle. We cooked at least one meal here every day. Shamai Suites is centrally located in a little shopping/touristy area -- within walking distance of the Old City and the Shuk, The apartment is cleaned (very nicely) every day, including on Shabbat, and towels and sheets are provided (in case you were wondering). It's really amazing what you get for the price, compared to some of the tiny rooms you will get at a regular hotel. This apartment is considerably larger and more comfortable than two apartments I lived in over the years. The trade-off for all this space is that there is no hotel restaurant, so you won't get the classic Israeli hotel breakfast buffet. Nor is there a workout room. On the other hand, the apartment is SOOOOO large, you can workout in the living room if you want. There are also two nearby gyms. And plenty of nearby yummy restaurants.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank traveler111381
Reviewed 7 October 2019

We stayed here two nights. It is a great location, just a short walk to everything. Room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the noise from the bar across the street. On the Saturday night we were there, they had a dance party on the second floor balcony of the bar across the way. It was loud and went late. Depends how sensitive to noise you are. My wife didn't mind it (she actually wanted to go join it), but I was not a fan of the late noise. Not the hotel's fault, but still a variable. Sunday night was fine.

1  Thank bostondave11
Reviewed 30 September 2019 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and each night was disturbed by the new club/bar across the road. Not the hotels fault at all but if you want to sleep before 12/1am then I would try and communicate this in advance! Location is great as you can walk to the historical areas in 10/15 mins and then return to where the restaurants are in the evening and be close to the hotel. Hotel was ok but it is quite basic and I’m afraid the lack of being able to sleep did ruin our stay.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jammiedodger89
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

We booked three nights in the Shamai suites for a first visit to Jerusalem. A twin studio room with kitchen area and little balcony.

Pros:
Helpful reception staff, able to answer any and all questions about the local area.
Comfy beds, clean room & bed linen. Towels changed daily (if you want). Spotlessly clean bathroom and shower. Shower is hot with great water pressure.
Little kitchen area with kettle, microwave, fridge and sink.
Safe in the room. Aircon included.
Location is great. 15 minute walk to the old town. By walking you get to see lots of alley ways and different shops. If you don’t fancy the walk there is a tram running every 10 minutes.
There is a lovely bakery opposite serving coffee and pastries. We used this every morning for breakfast.
The pick up point for tours (Ben Harim) is one street away.

Cons:
Only one down side. There is a new bar/party place opposite. The noise is very loud, music, people singing & generally enjoying themselves...until 4am.
If you have a room away from the bar you will be fine. If you sleep heavily with ear plugs you will be fine. If not, you will be awake reading a book!!

Overall I would return to the Shamai suites. The location is great with plenty of places to eat, sit and people watch.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank hlj365
Reviewed 21 August 2019

As a returning guest to this hotel, and one who regularly recommended Shamai Suites on TA, I was very disappointed with the complete lack of customer service. I spent 4 nights here and was utterly disappointed.
On arrival, I was told that I'd been upgraded to a bigger suite than ordered. Great! So far so good! Large corner suite with big bathroom and bath.
Unfortunately (no fault of Shamai Suites), the room faces the new Cinema Hostel just over the road, which has loud, blaring music (heavy base banging music) until about 3 in the morning. So after a sleepless first night, I made a request to be moved to a back room. In the morning I was told to leave my luggage packed and they would move my things to another room. I returned late in the afternoon and nothing had had been moved. This pattern repeated itself for all of my stay. I realize that the place is full but I cannot believe that no one departed for 4 days. Before my arrival, I made a request for a quiet room. This was obviously ignored. I was actually told by one of the receptionists that the back rooms are no quieter! So if sleep is important to you, find some place else.

Room tip: Perhaps a back room...
Date of stay: August 2019