All reviews king david hotel bell tower jaffa gate great location old city gorgeous building needs renovation minute walk swimming pool would definitely stay here again fitness center mamilla mall basic hotel mini fridge restaurant staff central location lobby area
Reviewed 10 March 2018

This is an affordable hotel - no frills rooms but with all the necessities - in a fantastic location. Breakfast is very good - lots of variety - and the restaurant for dinner is excellent as well. The staff is young and friendly - thank you Mariana and Avo for a tasty dinner. As a guest, one also has access to the YMCA gym facilities (in a gleaming new building, state-of-the-art). The hotel is in a beautiful building wih lots of character. Considering the very high prices of hotels in Jerusalem within walking distance to the old city, this place is a excellent choice.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Sylvie,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff. It's definitely a boost for us every time we hear positive revies such as this. We will be sure to let Mariana and Avo know that they made an imoact during your stay.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Beautiful and historic building. With a kindergarten inside the complex, it's lovely to hear the children's squeals in the morning. We stayed in a lovely room with huge windows. The room was comfortable with all amenities. The breakfast was very nice and Lubna's eggs were really good. Location was very convenient to visit all the important sights, near Jaffa gate, the old town and restaurants. A supermarket within a walking distance. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Stayed: February 2018

Dear Nandini,

Thank you for your kind review! we truly appreciate your kind words. I am pleased to hear that you find our location to your liking.

We will let Lubna know how much of an impact she made on your experience.

We are always pleased to be your second home.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

The beautiful building off YMCA Jerusalem hosts a high-quality restaurant. We went there in a cold night in early March and tasted a delicious food, accompanied by an honest Israeli wine.
After dinner, roam around to enjoy the architectural style of the building

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Rogerio,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am pleased to hear that you find our restaurant to your liking.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is small but well located, in front of the Kind David hotel, with breakfast included nicely appointed but you had to make it early once items were gone there was no replacement They made eggs to order so that was a plus The restaurant also serves dinner which is convincente if you are tired of exploring
When I registered I was told I could visit the tower which I knew had a great view of Jerusalem I was not able to go up because I was by myself & no one from the hotel could accompany me I was extremely unhappy since they never told me I couldn’t go up by myself & the reception people didn’t care enough to help me out They have staff around including one that sit up front as you come in & it seemed to me he spend his time checking his Mobil The photo shows the back of the hotel

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo

Dear Lidia,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay.

I am very sorry to hear that you missed going up to the tower but according to our security reasons and safety responsibilities, we are not allowed to let anyone visit the tower alone and the hotel staff cannot offer any other choices.

Do not hesitate to let us know if you're visiting again soon with someone you know to go up to the tower.

GR& Events manager

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Very nice stay at this hotel. Excellent breakfast. They have a fun tower you can climb for a view of the Old City. Rooms are clean and tidy and modern if a bit rugged, but they match the decor of this historic structure. Access to huge YMCA fitness facility included. Good location, safe neighborhood, 10 mins from the Old City. Plus, your stay supports the YMCA mission. No reason to stay anywhere else.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other guests.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.