1,301 results
All reviews cellar bar east jerusalem pasha room palm house summer garden lawrence of arabia damascus gate leading hotels of the world old city call to prayer main building historic hotel garden restaurant modern amenities junior suite wonderful hotel nice pool
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently completed a 10 day tour of Israel where we stayed in 3 different tourist hotels; all hotels came with breakfast & dinner. Our last day in Jerusalem was "free time" and we were staying near the American Colony, and as I heard good things about the restaurant there, we decided to give it a try for lunch. Beautiful setting for dining with a courtyard in the middle of the hotel complex. The food was very good, although pricey, but offered a nice change of pace from the breakfast & dinner buffets we had at the tourist hotels. My wife and another couple had the hamburger, and although it LOOKED like an all American burger, undoubtedly it was Kosher beef which has a different taste to it than what we are used to. However, very much worth the visit, and who knows, next time in Jerusalem we might even give the hotel itself a try.

1  Thank doclexus
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have really enjoyed my six night stay at the American Colony. It’s a beautiful hotel with large and well appointed rooms. Amazing and efficient staff that makes you feel at home. As a solo woman traveler, I can assure you that the area is perfectly safe and that I have always walked to the Old City during my stay. I would, of course, recommend The American Colony and I very much look forward to another sejour in a not too distant future.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank mariaiO1407NS
Glindt, General Manager at The American Colony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your nice comments and we look forward in welcoming you again at the American Colony.

With kind regards.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Our first time in Jerusalem on a family visit. The American Colony was recommended to us by our travel agent in fact after we could not get rooms at the David. However, we loved the style ambiance and almost boutique feel of the American Colony and were very pleased to have gone with this option. Easy walking (or running) distance from the Old Town or via the tram service, but what is the most special is the beautiful surroundings, the courtyard restaurant covered in flowers and the fabulous pool area (although was getting a bit cold for that in late October) and the garden bar which feels like stepping back in time. We also loved the wonderful Aladdin’s Cave of a gift shop in the grounds. A truly special place.

Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank C0pelama
Reviewed 29 October 2018

This was my second trip to Israel but I must say that my stay at the American Colony has been absolutely marvellous. All the members of the staff make you feel at home. As a solo female traveler I walked to the Old City almost daily and I felt perfectly safe. The Junior Suite was spotlessly clean and it was great to relax in such a wonderful oasis. The complimentary bottles of mineral water and the dish of fresh fruit were also greatly appreciated. I can’t wait to enjoy my second stay! Thanks for a great sejour.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

This is a charming small hotel in East Jerusalem. Only 10 minutes walk from the old city. The staff are extraordinarily helpful. Nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are very comfortable. The pool area is delightful. There are 2 restaurants. Until the end of October both are outside, 1 in a pretty courtyard and 1 in a garden area. The latter has a charcoal grill and the barbecued lamb chops should not be missed. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else in Jerusalem.
It has a fascinating history and has retained its historical feel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley R