All reviews great location great synagogue old city ben yehuda street dining room breakfast and dinner within walking distance salad business lounge shabbat meals the hotel staff israel museum minute walk tour group comfortable hotel rooms are clean mamilla mall
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stayed at the Prima Kings Hotel for a seminar for three weeks in July. The Hotel is very conveniently located. The rooms are clean; every room has a small refrigerator. The staff are friendly and very helpful if you need anything. The breakfast is amazing; fresh salads, cheese, bread, cereal, and halwa for dessert! The wifi is good. It’s in a safe neighborhood.
There’s a grocery store right across; ATM’s close by and the Mamilla Mall is just a short walk. You can get to the old city on foot too (from Jaffa Gate). There are lots of nice restaurants in the vicinity.

Room tip: Request for a room away from the elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Uma K
Liat M, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Uma,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this lovely review !
We are happy to hear you had a nice experience with us and loved our excellent breakfast, and you enjoyed Jerusalem while staying at the best location in town !
Looking forward to welcome you back :-)

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was nice, clean and pretty decent for a great price. The breakfast was plentiful and very tasty. The staff was efficient. The views from our terrace were amazing. We really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Liat M, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Chaya,
Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review !
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us :-)
We hope to have you among our guests again in the future.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Along with a friend I went to this hotel for Shabbat lunch. We were NOT overnight guests at the hotel, but each paid a nice sum for the one meal.

Entering the dining room it was definitely a Shabbat atmosphere. This is what I had wanted. However it was down hill from there.

The choices of food were not that great. The taste of the food was just okay. Lunch is served from 1-3PM. We got there at 1:30. The one side dish my friend had really wanted was, at 1:45PM, an empty platter. Asking if it was being refilled, we were told NO! They had no more. AND this was less than halfway into the meal.

At 2:30, they started to clear away food. They were taking full bowls of salad, and the stand the bowls had sat on, away from the buffet. WE were totally confused. There were also no plates. We had to ask more than once for plates. Finally I just gave up and decided to move to the dessert course.

There were no plates for that either. Since many others had also complained about no plates for the main dishes, they had brought a few of those. So, I used a dinner plate for my dessert. I felt like I had to grab fast since they were clearing dessert too. (It wasn't 3PM)

Finding a member of the staff I complained, he shrugged me off. I finally found someone else who offered the explanation that things were being taken away to be refilled. HOWEVER, they left almost empty serving bowls/platters, took away full bowls/platters and never brought anything back. I finally complained to a third person. (They were all wearing nametags with different titles indicating some level of responsibility in the dining room.)

Finally, as we were sitting drinking tea a man came over and apologized. He wanted to know our room number. When I said we weren't guests he told us to come back for dinner (in 2 hours) on the house. I told him I wasn't interested in eating a big meal in 2 hours. I would have rather have had a more pleasant lunch. I did wonder if they took away the full bowls/platters to serve at dinner.

All in all, I won't be back at the Prima Kings for Sabbath meals. While the Sabbath Atmosphere deserved 5 stars, nothing else did.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Liat M, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post this review.
We take guests' reviews very seriously and learn from each of them, though in this case it seems as if you were writing a review on a different hotel...
I do apologize that you left with such a bad feeling.
Our Shabbat meals are known to be special and delicious, and I hope you will come back to give it another chance.
When you do, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had a great stay. The room was clean. There is a refrigerator in the room and a hot water kettle to make tea/coffee. The breakfast during the week involved a long table with different types of cheeses, a table for salad, 3 types of fish, cereal, assortment of nuts and dried fruits, assortment of rolls/bread, assortment of danish, juices, teas, coffee, an omelet bar and a host of other food. During shabbat, they had mostly the same set up with the exception of the omelet bar. The only eggs that were available were hard boiled eggs, I would have liked another choice of egg. For Shabbat, they provided the small bottles of Kedem Grape juice.

The hotel is in a great location. It is within a 10-20 minute walk of everything (Kotel, Old City, Ben Yehuda street, First Station, the Shuk, etc.).

The manager Arik is the best. He used his personal phone to help me get directions to places that I needed to go to. Arik showed me step by step on the map how to get to where I needed to go. He also, allowed a later check out on Saturday due to Shabbat and the room not being needed. Arik ended up at the same bus stop as me while I was waiting for a bus to go to the central bus station to go back to Tel Aviv. He made sure that I got on the correct bus and directed me to where I needed to go for my next bus at the central bus station. Arik goes well beyond the duties of a manager to make everyone feel at home. I will definitely return on my next trip to Jerusalem.

Room tip: For a quiet room ask to be away from the elevator.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Liat M, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Loraine,
Wow, thank you so much for this beautiful review !
We are so happy to hear you had a great experience with us :-)
Arik will be thrilled to hear these compliments !
We appreciate the time you took to post this, and very much looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We stayed a Prima Kings for two weeks earlier this year when my husband was undertaking a course. The hotel was clean, service was good and the location was very convenient. We ate breakfast in the restaurant each day and the food was nice. There is a grocery store just across the road and it is only a short walk to Mamilla Mall and the old city where there are shops and cafes etc. We felt safe in this area at all times of the day. Front desk staff were helpful and friendly.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hapitraveller
Liat M, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Prima Kings, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Traveller,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this lovely review !
We are so happy to hear you had a nice experience in Jerusalem and in the hotel :-)
Hopefully we will be able to welcome you once again !