“Great place to eat”

Ranked #15 of 319 things to do in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great place to stroll around and people watch in one of the many restaurants and bars. Much cheaper food in the many stalls and in the restaurants then in tourist areas if the old town. At night once the food stalls close the bars stay open. Great atmosphere and a must when visiting Jerusalem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)
All reviews
in 8 reviews
"light rail"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Loved visiting this market. It had so many interesting food. The fruits, olives and spices blew me away and they had an amazing lolly stand which I couldn't help but stop and admire. I was very disappointed with a merchant selling Turkish deserts I believe they were. I asked him for one which I wanted to buy and taste if I liked it but he just filled a hug plastic container and expected me to buy it. When I said no he got very aggressive. Thank God for Jewish couple who also got the same treatment just before me and they told me just to walk away and they told the man how rude he was to me. Other then that I bought some beautiful Stirling silver rings here with biblical Jewish sayings on them in the Hebrew language which I gave as gifts to people back home. They loved them and I wish I bought more. Well worth the visit and recommend more time then the hour I had due to other commitments.

1  Thank PacificJewell
Reviewed 2 April 2018

as opposed to so much of the old city geared to tourists - this is where real people shop for food - and among the fresh baked goods, butchers and green grocers are the spice shops that I wish we had in Los Angeles - amazingly fragrant piles of sumac and za'ater, coriander and cumin - different paprikas and endless spice blends. dried fruits and nuts artfully arranged - and new to me - sweet dried chopped fruit peels and berries to make tea - colorful and aromatic combinations - the colors of a box of crayons!

1  Thank trevorbr
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Beautiful place with numerous tastes sounds and smells. Lots of restaurants with middle east tastes. Beautiflu in the afternoon. Come hungry..