“Great Meal in an unforgettable location”
Review of Amigo Emil

Amigo Emil
Ranked #52 of 813 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: In Jerusalem Old City from New Gate down
Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

Everything was great. They accommodated 11 of us at the last minute and the food, service and location were beyond awesome. I have eaten here twice before and haven’t been disappointed.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 15 November 2018

Setting: nice large rooms with high vaulted ceilings.

Service: friendly and efficient.

Cuisine: as the place was getting ready to close I did not go overboard and limited myself to hummus (which was delicious), and mulukhiyah, which was wonderful. To drink I had a very nice home-made lemonade, and a glass of wine of the house which was not stunning but fine.

BOTTOM-LINE: highly recommended, at least for the Middle-Eastern / Mediterranean food. They also have an Italian side to the menu but did not have a chance to sample it.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 24 October 2018

For a nice sit-down meal with attentive service in a charming environment, please visit Amigo Emil. I foolishly didn't have enough cash to tip them, so they asked me to leave a review when I got home, and (belatedly) I'm happy to do so.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

I was drawn to this place because of the atmosphere (it feels like a cellar in the middle of the Old City), but was most pleased with how friendly the family is that owns it. Costandi is a stand-up gentleman who is very personable. Don’t miss this one if you’re over by the Jaffa Gate, the New Gate, or the Damascus Gate (close to Church of the Holy Sepulchre).

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I went here for dinner and it was fabulous. I’ve had a lot of hummus before but the hummus here was so smooth it was something else entirely. The rest of the dinner was very good and the people here were very friendly. I’d definitely recommend this to anyone in Jerusalem.

Date of visit: September 2018