“Authentic | Enriching Enjoyable”
Review of Versavee

Versavee
Ranked #70 of 813 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, International, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Christian Quarter
Description: Located in Jaffa Gate square in the Old City in Versavee Building,it is a renovated architectural masterpiece of old world charm with clean, modern amenities. There are options for indoor or outdoor dining. The menu features local Mediterranean cuisine which is by far the most delicious in Jerusalem. The bar offerings are vast and the fresh squeezed juices are.The service is superb as the restaurant is owner operated. It is convenient for visitors to the Old City, it also opens late at night.
Reviewed 24 December 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised at this gem of discovery at Jaffa Gate Square, Jerusalem. Great ambience, authentic atmosphere. Moderately priced, exceptionally good quality. Lamb kababs were tasty. Restaurant got into festive fare with mulled wine, averages €22 per person for main and one drink. Great place for families.

Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

We had dinner after visiting the Old City. The place was quite full but they gave us a table right away. Service was nice and fast

We had the hummus, Arabian salad and mixed grill plate. It was all tasty. House wine was ok, nothing great.

Place was nicely decorated and we could talk/listen to one another without problems.

We paid approx 25€ pp.

Good enough for me...

2  Thank 435larau
Reviewed 7 December 2018 via mobile

Excellent typical local dinner!!! Delicious hummus ; meat and chicken cooked! Baklava D E L I C I O U S!!!!

2  Thank Konstantin_Sal
Reviewed 1 December 2018 via mobile

We are Australian tourists and came here after exploring the Old City to have a baklava as my wife wanted something sweet in the afternoon. It took 10 minutes to seat us. Another 20 to serve us. We ordered 1 baklava. He came back 10 minutes later and kicked us out because it was not profitable enough. I told him he was rude, he then threatened me and told me “I will f****n kick your head.” I then replied I am saying you are not being nice and again he said the same thing and still swearing told me to leave. As I was leaving he bumped me out of his resturant and walked me down the alley way saying I was lucky there was customers around. Still swearing. My wife was terrified. He was aggressive and scary. I would never in my life recommend this life place. Please do not go.

1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed 28 November 2018

Restaurants with friendly staff are few and far between in Israel unfortunately. This is definitely a hidden gem. Quite nice food as well and with normal prices. Good chips as well, which are also hard to find in Israel! The hummus was very good.

Date of visit: November 2018