Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews nice kitchen pub crawl great building amazing place to stay shabbat dinner shower and toilet common room breakfast included old city restaurants and bars shakshuka mahane yehuda market the location is perfect other guests rooms are clean salad beds
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 August 2020

A need for a last minute booking + some sort of sense of adventure led me to try booking a capsule room at this hostel.

I guess in Japan the capsules are sound proofed but not here, so I had a miserable night's sleep. Maybe if i'd have been in a regular dorm my mind would have been prepped for disturbances and I would have slept.

Showers were grimy - no proper drainage so water collects up to yours shins + detritus of other people's prior showers left there.

I did see a cleaner working but it doesn't have the polished feel/operation of say the Abraham Hostel.

I'm giving it 2 stars as the hostel manager was very friendly, giving me a free chaser in the hostel bar as I waited for my capsule to be clean; plus maybe I'm just too old to be staying in places like this now

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank Ryan N
Reviewed 9 August 2020 via mobile

My stay was rather mediocre here. It’s a modern hostel...to a certain extent. I didn’t mind the place tremendously clean. I felt the staff seemed rather busy and so quite short with their responses or fed up? So I kept refraining from asking them questions and rather answering them myself by looking around for clues with wall signs etc. The sleeping pods themselves are practical but I found them boiling hot and only found out on the last day we can request the heating to be adjusted and there’s me suffering unable to approach staff because I feel like I’m inconveniencing them or feel like I might irritate them. On the positive side it’s close by to the Old town about a 10 min walk which is where I spent most of my time. It feels safe and you can lock your things in your pods. It’s not bad for the price just the pictures paint it out to be nicer than what it is in reality. The bathroom areas are a little exposed and showers are tight squeeze but they are good showers.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank princeworld92
Reviewed 29 July 2020

I stayed here just when COVID started to mess all travel plans etc.

+ location is really good
+ house is unique
+ capsules are great: quiet and private, enough space for my luggage too (didn't have a big suitcase)
+ breakfast is good

- common area looks good but was often quite noisy and hectic as people walk through, also movies are showed there
- capsules (which are great!) are located on top floor, so be prepared to carry your luggage
- you will receive a notification email telling "if your plans have changed, remember to cancel your booking etc". BUT atm when you receive the email is too late to cancel your stay (an early morning before you arriving day). Even I had to pay for the night, next morning when I arrived, I couldn't check-in as I was told my bed is not ready yet...

Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

For my birthday I decided to travel in Israel and the first days in Jerusalem. Normally I prefer hostel for prices and atmosphere, I checked the pictures, if have kitchen, ECC. I could imagine the hostel is good but when I arrived it was a real surprise because I felt home in a amazing town, good staff, nice cleaning and for the price (one of the cheapest in the town) this was incredible

I can suggest with pleasure and if I will come back in Jerusalem I will look for this hostel again

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Gabriele R
Tina S, Marketing at Cinema Hostel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2020

Dear Gabriele, thank you for taking the time to express your feelings following your recent stay at Cinema Hostel in Jerusalem! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of the complimentary amenities that we offer here at the hostel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the heart of Jerusalem.

Kind regards,
Cinema Hostel

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Such a nice hostel in Jerusalem. Walking distance from the old city, this place offers a nice breakfast and has a huge living area to chill out.
Rooms are nice and staff is amazing. It also has a bar and a nice rooftop

100% recommend it

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Tina S, Marketing at Cinema Hostel Jerusalem, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings following your recent stay at Cinema Hostel in Jerusalem. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to take advantage of the complimentary amenities that we offer here at the hostel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the heart of Jerusalem.

Kind regards,