“Fresh and Tasty Shawarma!”
Review of Al-Sham Shawarma

Al-Sham Shawarma
Ranked #140 of 813 Restaurants in Jerusalem
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Al Sham is a new shawarma restaurant just inside Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem. Just turn left on the first street you come to as you enter (Latin Patriarchate Street) and you will see the clean, bright little shop just 50 yards up the street on your left. The mouth-watering smell will tell you this is fresh and delicious shawarma! You can get it in pita or the larger wraps and it comes with tomatoes, onions, tahini sauce, and any of the garnishes you choose. This is by far my favorite shawarma in Jerusalem and it comes with friendly service and a fair price! Don't miss it!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 18 July 2018

This small take-out or eat in restaurant was super clean and modern, and located just a the side street by the Jaffa gate. Surprisingly, it takes Visa. You can order either a pita for 25 shekels, or a wrap for 35. It was good tasting with fresh ingredients. The Proprietor spoke great English and was very friendly. I ordered a pita, and found that it was a little light, so next time I will get the wrap which is bigger and would be a more substantial lunch.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2018

All they sell here is shawarma. We split two platters for a family of four, and it was plenty of food. The meat was tender and flavorful. The sides complemented it well. We had a plate of each kind, and both chicken and beef were good. We enjoyed sitting to eat, but there are not many seats--it is a really small place that does mostly take out.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Let me put it this way - I spent three months as a student living in Israel. Every Saturday that I possibly could, you could find me in Al Sham eating a jam-packed shawarma wrap. The first time I visited this place was in September 2017. By this time, Al Sham had only been open a few days! Honestly, it was probably fate that brought me to this place. During my three month study trip, I had eaten at several other shawarma locations, but none compared to Al Sham. The quality of meat is unique in itself. The price is just right for the amount of food you're given, the size of the meals are sizable and downright delicious. AND, the staff was unforgettable. I could go on and on about how friendly the owner and chefs were to me and the friends I would bring. I was here eating so often, they would call me "shawarma girl". These guys made my time there all the more memorable, and there isn't a day that I haven't stopped thinking about the shawarma wraps I never tired of eating.

Thank you Al Sham, for the food, the conversation, the friendships, and the service. I hope to return someday - you'll be my first stop when I come back.

Yours truly,
Shawarma Girl.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Jenna L
Reviewed 8 May 2018

That's all they have but it is the best I have had in Jerusalem over the past six months. You can get lamb, chicken or mixed.

Date of visit: May 2018