Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

Philippines
Sri Lanka driver - Mr. Dash - +94 70 662 5050

Reviewed 11 February 2020
JudyPett

Recommended experiences in and around Colombo
from US$186.67
from US$51.50
from US$250.00
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews always on time eco park sri lanka pidurangala rock colombo airport nuwara eliya dash van kuma knowledge driver company country communication route ella yala
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2020

I had a really great time in my Sri Lanka tour, made convenient and memorable, with my driver and tour guide in one, Dash.

He was referred by my friend who also went on a tour with him before. I experienced some hiccup when I arrived at the airport and couldn’t contact him, but everything went smoothly since then. He also serves as the tour guide so I didn’t need to hire a separate one in every tourist spot I got in. He was particularly helpful in climbing up the Pidurangala Rock. I honestly wouldn’t have made it up without his help, and even the other tourist wouldn’t have known the way if it were not for him. I did manage to be the first to arrive at the top ;) He also takes good photos by the way which was very convenient as I was travelling solo.

Other drivers would be lazy to climb up the Dambulla Cave which involves A LOT of stairs, but he was very hospitable to climb up and explain the meaning of the statues. He is very knowledgeable about his country and speaks English really well. I was able to go to the Spice Garden which I found very interesting, and would have not discovered, were it not from his recommendation. I was also very happy to try a lot of local delicacies even those that you see in the streets which were really very delicious and he took a lot of effort to find a fresh woodapple because I wanted to try one. Since I only had limited days to tour around, my tour involved waking up as early as 4:30am and going home late. Having my own car service was just very convenient and I didn’t hear any complain even when the schedule was tight and meal times were late ;) He was also such a gentleman in closing the door whenever I go in the car.

I was at the right place at the right time in my tours to witness fully the beauty of Sri Lanka. Sunrise at pidurangala rock, sunset at little adam’s peak, sunset at the eco park, the time the train passes by the 9 arches bridge.

I also booked the Yala safari tour with overnight camping through him which I got at a really good price. The overnight tent was so amazing! It was exactly how I imagined it to be! I didn’t get the chance to maximize it though since it was already dark when we arrived at the place and was still dark when we had to leave early the next day. I did wish I was informed better of my time for the animal safari. I did two game drives which was a whole day. Doing one in the afternoon and the other one the next morning would have been better for more chances of seeing leopards. That would have filled up the time in the afternoon doing nothing at Yala, or I would have spent more time in Ella before going to Yala. or we should have arrived at the camp in the afternoon where I could have maximized the stay since it was still expensive even if at a good price.

All in all, I was very happy with the tour. Safe to say I fell in love with Sri Lanka after! Will definitely get his service again if I get the chance to tour around Sri Lanka again.

You can contact him at whatsapp for rates: +94 70 662 5050

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 11 February 2020

We used services of Dash for four days of our trip on Sri Lanka. The communication before the trip was very effective, Dash also advised and gave us some tips for the trip.
He was always on time and smiling. The fee was fine and he also provided some reasonable prices for other part of the trips (jeep and trip to Horton Plains and Udawalawe).
You can contact DASH from whatsup on +94 70 662 5050.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 24 January 2020

I would like to say very shortly that this is one of the worst experiences I ever had. Is started well but at the end was closer to a nightmare, especially the part when we paid for a luxury tent and we received a basic tree house with dead rat inside. We did not receive the service we agreed and paid for and I made new fair calculation, requiring a refund of the difference. We had some arguments and finally I thought we reached a solution as Dash agreed. It was just another lie and he did not pay anything. Fortunately the team of Sri Lanka Tourism Development Agency were very kind and the case now is in the Tourist police.
My advice is to hire someone else. This will save you money and lots of negative emotions!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed 14 January 2020

Don't waste your time and money on

Shashi Kuma (+94 72 369 1330 Whatsapp) was our driver for almost 2/3 weeks and it was great! We are a couple and we made a trip from Colombo, Kandy, Ella, Dambulla, South Coast etc.
He has a good car (a Van actually Nissan) and it is perfect for a family or for a couple or even a person. And it's good price too in Sri Lanka.
We couldn't have had such a great experience if it weren't for his help!

- He helped us find train tickets that were already booked out online.
- He always made sure that we forgot nothing behind and that we'er happy
- He was always on time, even often an hour early for our meetings
- He drives quietly and attentively, super careful
- He always has a smile even at 5am waiting for us to hike etc
- He often talks about his two adorable little girls - We would have liked to meet them.
- We often invited him for breakfast and dinners because he knows a lot about Sri Lanka and local stories and customs and it's great fun to have him around.
- We learned a lot from him about the country etc. And he taught us lots of words in Sinhala.
Bohoma Stutti !!

Ask for Shashi Kuma (+94 72 369 1330 Whatsapp).
Super super favorable opinion !!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 3 December 2019

Dash & Sineli tours were very prompt and helpful in communicating before my trip. Their rates & service were very competitive. My driver Raj doubled up as an efficient guide all through

and flexibly helped change the plan based on weather (sudden rain, for example). From the moment he received me at the Colombo airport, till he dropped me, I was able to create a personalized route and sight-seeing. I would happily use their service in my future (hopefully longer) Sri Lanka vacation.

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank PPGoswami
SineliLankatour... D, Owner at Sri Lanka Car Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2020

Dear Sir & Madam,

Greetings from SRI LANKA !
My Name is ' Dash ' Thank you very much for your mail and comment on my profile. I'm very thankful for your review on our profile and its gets us more business. .Also I was given you one of our best driver and very good car we had. I arranged you very good car and We think you felt very comfortable with our company and enjoy the holiday as you want.

Also when you discover SRI LANKA nature heritage and culture I hope you had a great support from us.we are very sorry if any inconveniences happened from our side and we always believe that you come back to this amazing island one day again in the future and we ready give you our best service all the time. You so amazing, very kind and you treated our driver also very nice.

I take this opportunity to thank you for your amazing kindness and great humanity and specially very friendly personality given to us even a short period you were here. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

Please contact for your next holiday or day trips on following contact details,

Dash-(Darshana)