“Fantastic Service!”
Review of Table One

Table One
Ranked #2 of 664 Restaurants in Colombo
Price range: US$1 - US$31
Description: In celebration of the hotel's sought after address, One Galle Face, Table One, the all-day dining restaurant, serves the finest market-style cuisine from across the globe, against spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. Multiple interactive cooking stations, uniquely themed around cooking techniques rather than cuisine type, take you on a culinary journey around the world, as our chefs demonstrate
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After spending 4 1/2 hours waiting to pick up my visa in the morning I thought to myself I want to treat myself to an all you can eat buffet lunch at Shangri La as I have only heard good things. First of all I was pleased to know there was no dress code as I do spend most of my time in Sri Lanka wearing shorts. I was shown around first before committing.
I started my course of sashimi, smoked fish and steamed prawns with a nice side dish of mayo and wasabi dressing. My main consisted all different kinds of meat , lamb , roasted beef and chicken. It was nice to see some beef was rare and some was medium to well done chucked a bit of beetroot curry on the side with roast potatoes and button mushrooms. with all the red meat I ordered a red wine which was nice , a little pricey but expected in this high end establishment. After the main I went to the sweet counter and some different goodie. I enjoyed the homemade ice cream parfet style. The tiramisu had finished. The service from walking in to that time was great but this is when it really stood out. There were two waiters Kasun and Kushan I think and I told them that the Tiramisu had run out and to let me know when the next cake would be put out on the table. They kept checking and then unfortuantely told me that it was finished and no more would be available.No big deal but it is my favourite desert. I ordered a Capuccino ( I think local bean and could improve here)and after 5 mins one of them produced what must have been the last piece from another area of the hotel. The two of the them had really gone out of thier way to make sure I did not leave without having some Tiramisu. This shows great dedication to their work that they really want people to leave completely satisfied. I do not think you will find many hotel buffets offering the quality of food for 3000 rupees anywhere in Sri Lanka!
Regards Michael

Ameen M, Digital Communications Manager at Table One, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear 10-06-08,

Thanks for your positive feedback and extensive review. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and are delighted to know that Kasun and Kushan ensured that you were satisfied too. Looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I must say table one is definitely a place that's not only value for money but also a place where the service is exceptional! From the melt in your mouth meat cuts to sushi to the Sri Lankan corner you get everything your heart can desire! Only thing that could use a small improvement is the dessert section. Overall, brilliant dining experience.

A special mention goes out to Chathura, Nuwan, Davin, Dinuka, Sachitha and Alex for making my mums birthday a special one!

Keep at it table one!

Dear Abdul S,

Thanks for your positive review rating. We're glad you enjoyed your experience and your mothers birthday was one to remember. Looking forward to welcoming you once again!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Dropping in after work, this place has a coming home feel; to add to that the food was top notch, not in your face but elegantly arranged and well prepared, fresh and replenished when needed. I was served by Sinnan who tendered to us very professionally and courteously.. definitely recommend this place.

Dear Isalie151,

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoyed the service and food. Looking forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We have been in Colombo for 10 days now and to end our trip, we decided on Table One for lunch on the suggestion of friends. We were not disappointed. The decor was stunning, but not nearly as stunning as the vast selection of food, all presented beautifully and served by knowledgeable and helpful staff. The gentleman at the sushi/Raw bar was especially kind and helpful. We left absolutely full and satisfied. We had the pleasure of being helped by Neomal Naleen, who was helpful, friendly, chatty and interested in our time in this gorgeous country. Cannot recommend this fresh, vibrant and high quality buffet enough! If we have the pleasure of returning to Colombo in the future, we will be back!

Ameen M, Digital Communications Manager at Table One, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear KellO,

Thanks for your positive review rating - we're glad you enjoyed your experience at Table One. Neomal will be happy to hear you valued his service as well. The team look forward to your next visit and do hope you visit Colombo soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

me and my hubby came to Tabel one and enjoyed lot and had a versetile experience at Shangrilla colombo. Suprise birthday cake was delicious and they suprised us. Overall service is good but not good enough. Thank you tabel one and pointing out Pradeepa, Dinuka helped us lot. They concwrned us in a appropiate way. I once again thank you tabel one.

Dear Shirani a,

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoyed your experience at Table One. The team will be delighted to hear you had a great time too. Looking forward to seeing you soon.