“Just a few statues of camels on a median in the center of a road”

Silk Road Complex Monument [Migration]
Ranked #41 of 100 things to do in Ulaanbaatar
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 4 November 2017

You can just drive by and see the whole thing. It takes no time at all. But I wouldn't have gone out of my way to check it out.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We saw this attraction on multiple occasions coming in and out of UB. We finally decided to stop and check it out. It’s not all that awe inspiring but it’s worth a quick look. I wouldn’t go out of my way to find it though.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is the Nomadic's Caravan moving one land to other, because of the Season. Mongolia has beautiful 4 seasons, I'm Mongolian I like my weather. But could be not to someone else. :)
So you could stop and have photo of this Art work.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

A line of camels with a Mongol on a horse and a dog representing caravans of traders bringing silk from China to the rest of the world. The sculptures are very tall and carefully done. Great place for picture. Free of charge. Good stop on the way to Bogd Khane Palace Museum.

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We drove by these camel statues multiple times last week and finally got a good glimpse at them. The camel statues somewhat serve as a reminder not only to the locals and natives of the city, but also to all visitors who will drive right by them when arriving in Ulaanbaatar that this was once the way of numerous caravan routes running south to Beijing and Lhasa and other cities in China. The statues are very impressively designed and sculptured and very much worth stopping by!