All reviewsjapanese restaurantheated seatfood and beverage managerbreakfast buffetthe general managerrooms are largerestaurant staffwonderful hotelulaan baatarfront desk staffbusiness tripcentral squarethe wi fithree nightsyogurtpeace avenuekk
Reviewed 2 April 2016

We stayed for one night whilst breaking from a Beijing/Moscow rail trip.
Very friendly and helpful reception staff. Whilst hotel slightly older, it is spotlessly clean, well equipped and beautifully warm. Huge, comfortable bed. Especially welcome as -24C outside. Excellent breakfast. 20 minutes walk to centre which is faster than taxi ride in traffic-choked, chaotic but wonderful city. Adjacent to British Embassy should you have a problem!

Room Tip: Not really necessart.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank abandbarbseniors
Frank_Prasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Abandbarbseniors,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. It is very pleased to hear complements for our staffs as well as for our hotel room. Your kind comments are appreciated and will further motivate the team. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace next time you are in Mongolia.

Yours in Hospitality
Bayaraa ( Front Office Manager)

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

I was offered a winter promotion for a stay of 3 nights. Due to the circumstances I was stranded in northern Mongolia and unable to stay for the first night. When I advised the reservation desk that my flight was cancelled to UB, the desk, so I was told, advised that the winter promo rate would no longer apply, however, I was unaware that the 2 night rate would cost more. Had I known of the new rate I would not have cancelled. I was frustrated with the lack of information, and the hotel did not do anything to help rectify the solution. I've stayed at other Kempinski hotels and this will be the last time. Also, I wanted to do a spa service and was told no one was available for a manicure.
The room is nice and location a little out of the central area of UB. I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna H
Frank_Prasmo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Dear Donna. H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. It is with great concerns that we received your review on March 8th about miscommunication and poor quality of the services that you experienced in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the problems you went through. I regret that we provided you with bad service and a poor customer experience—it is the exact opposite of what we pride ourselves on. We value our customers and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service. I would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. It will help us improve our operations and services.

If there are any other issues that need to be addressed, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me personally by phone, email, or in person.

Yours in Hospitality
Bayarsuren N ( Front Office manager)
bayarsuren.natsagdorj@kempinski.com

Reviewed 27 February 2016

I stayed at the Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace from 21st till 25th of February 2016. Rooms are very clean, well maintained and comfy. What really made my stay was the excellent service! I have been travelling extensively for business but have never experienced such an outstanding, attentive, professional and friendly service among all hotel staff.
Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
5  Thank David_Achermann
KempinskiUlaanbaatar, Front Office Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2016

Dear David_Achermann,
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing your experience on here.
We are here for you and it makes us all very happy to hear that you’ve appreciated that.
Rest assured that we will share your kind words with the entire team.
We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 18 February 2016 via mobile

Hotel Service was excellent, well trained staff and pleasant stay.
Breakfast was great,
room is big, bed was so comfy.
Generous general manager extended our check out time till 3 pm made us happy.

Beauty salon service was not professional as i expected.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Crystal B

Dear Boko0429,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on here.
We’re very happy to hear that you had an excellent stay and that your kind words are defiantly passed on to the General Manager.
We are proud to learn our team was successful in providing you with a memorable experience and your stay with us was faultless
We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Recently stayed on business. The rooms are quite large and there are 3 restaurants in the hotel, ideal as travelling in the evening by car can be quite frustrating with the traffic congestion after 1700hrs. Staff helpful and friendly and a good draft beer (for those beer drinkers) in the lobby bar/restaurant. There are also 2 other Japanese restaurants, I tried the one which served very good Sushi. Internet free and worked throughout my 4 days without any problems. Would definitely recommend and also stay there on future visits.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled on business
5  Thank Doobles63
KempinskiUlaanbaatar, Front Office Manager at Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Doobles63,
Allow me to thank you for your review. I am very thankful that our staff exceeded your expectation and that you liked our amenities, room decor and our F&B outlets. It is also very rewarding to know that you had relaxed and peaceful stay, as the overall impression is the most important in the end. We hope we will have chance to pamper you again in the near future.