All reviews banana shake water melon hot shower night market mekong river recommend this hotel excellent hotel the hotel staff location is great would stay here again room was clean wifi hairdryer
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Very welcoming staff. Rooms and beds are comfortable, we enjoyed walking so I walked from the hotel to the major attractions in Vientiane. we noticed a bicycle or Motor bike rental at this hotel , many bars and restaurant close by the hotel which is another option for getting around to the sites.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Don't let the 'tidy' reception area fool you. This hotel is overpriced and refuses to deliver anything for the money you pay. The room we were offered had plywood walls meaning every sneeze from the room next door could be heard, not to mention any programmes they were watching on TV. Internet was poor at best, service was worse. Staff are clearly unhappy and discord among them rings through the breakfast area. And as for breakfast...save yourself some Kip and go elsewhere...this place is a dump.

Room tip: Go to another hotel!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Went here with a friend and did a walk-in rental for 1 night on my visa run. Hadn't noticed on my trip to the room to see it the first time, but as soon as I went to the room (after I paid) I got ready to hook up my laptop computer only to realize the hotel had no 3 prong outlets. anywhere. I quickly returned to the front desk and told them I cannot stay there if they don't have any outlets (as my laptop is garbage and the battery lasts 30 minutes without power). I hadn't been in my room longer than 1 minute, nor even touched the bed...but they refused me a refund. Where exactly is people's money going to? The room wasn't all that nice and they don't even have up-to-date outlets? Poor customer service, old-school outlets. Definitely not worth the price. I cannot believe they refused me a refund, as well. Terrible experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Toooooooo_W
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

So we booked through Booking.com at vientiane backpackers into a twin room and when we arrived were walked to another hotel. Not uncommon in itself as they must be aligned. When we arrived at the Memory Hotel 4 blocks away they went to take our payment but wanted US$35 more than I booked for. That sorted itself out eventually but then we had to experience the premises.
The plumbing kept exploding out the toilet. I can tell you there are few things more humbling than sitting on a toilet and having other people's faeces explode up your rear end, up your back and through your legs all over you lap. The familiar bubbling of the toilet became as common as birds chirping. They need plumbing vents. But then I developed dysentery I dare say because the whole bathroom was just covered in fecal matter all the time which would become the whole bedroom after walking in and out. 9 days later and I'm still laid up with it.
Then there was the bi-daily domestic disputes. Screaming and yelling across the lobby woke me up on several occasions as well as twice I heard two seperate customers complain of being double charged which then escalated into screaming matches including swearing. I can't say enough bad things about this hotel

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Mountain S
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

After making a booking in the Champa garde hotel, it appears that they made overbooking. So they transfered me to this hotel which is not the same categorie. It is the same owner, so very convenient for them. The room had 2 windows facing à wall at maximum 10 cm, so no light and no air. The smell from the bathroom was awful and was not clean. And I could hear all the neighbours partying until at least 3am and ventilation from the kitchen beginning at 6.30am. What a hard night before 20 hours of travelling!! What a breafast 2 toast, butter, jam and a banana shake....
For sure it won't stay in my Memory !

Date of stay: February 2018