Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews beautiful room late check old city accommodation comfort property towels spa facilities
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 December 2019 via mobile

As the only SLH property in Baku, really glad to have picked this place as opposed to the big 5 star chain hotels. This place provides the personality, arty and tasteful design and the space and ultimate comfort for those who settle here. Above all, the great attention to detail to every comfort and needs of the guests. Having real Christmas trees within the premise helps to welcome the weary guests.

Located within easy walking distance to the Caspian Sea promenade and the pedestrian shopping street (Nizami Street), in fact it takes about a 25mins to walk to the old city. The check in was quick and efficient. The bell boys and doormen are discreet yet always available. The rooms are spacious and have a refreshing whiff of fresh laundry scent. The bathroom is wonderful and has everything you need, the best part is the power rainforest shower. Did I mention a bidet too. The towel just felt so nice, soft, fluffy and clean.

It’s a rare hotel with full smart home features with the temp, curtains and lightings are all within easy control. The bed was ultra comfortable - with a nice clean smooth laundry to rest on, the lounge chair was inviting and nice to look at and most importantly, I had the best sleep in a while.

Rather than a boring buffet breakfast, guests will have their breakfast served depending on their order and selection, the menu is decent although not with wide selection, you can find most stuff. The menemen eggs were my favourite. On a side note, the wonderful Russian restaurant - Mari Vanna is just right across the road.

The hotel also has a very promising looking gym, spa and hammam.

All in all, absolutely enjoyed and loved our time at Dinamo.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank KahChin
Reviewed 16 December 2019

My first visit to Baku and I was torn between three choices for my accommodation. Two big name heavy hitters in the hotel industry, or a small property literally in the shadow of one of the big names. Would the property live up to the presentation of the website? Would the lack of a large number of reviewers be an issue? Yes and no are the answers to those questions.

Dinamo Hotel is an absolute gem of a property. It feels small and intimate with public spaces sized just right for you and your other half should you be traveling as a couple. The only large space is the main restaurant with the grand Art Deco staircase. I did not eat there due to time constraints however if the standard is close to that of the rest of the hotel then it would be a wonderful choice.

I selected the Apollo room (in green) when booking and that is exactly what I got. The color is not something I would think to decorate my house with, but it was a beautiful room that was sophisticated luxury, but also incredibly comfortable to be in. Presentation was impeccable. The bed was super comfortable, the electronically controlled blackout curtains were a little too good and the noise insulation from the busy Zarifa Aliyeva St below superb. The only time I heard the traffic was when the door to the balcony was open.

As mentioned in other reviews the bathroom has in-floor heating which is unbelievably good. An incredible experience that gave the added sense of luxury. Each bathroom has a wonderful rain shower with perfect pressure and also a huge bath that I did not get time to use. The only improvement I would make in the bathroom is higher quality toiletries. I did not recognize (nor remember) the brand however they did not have the 'wow' factor in either presentation or user experience.

As for the rest of the room everything is of an exceptionally high standard and the quality and craftsmanship is evident. It is still a relatively new hotel so I hope that it ages well. There are built in USB charging ports throughout the room, a lightning iPhone compatible sound dock (not the best sounding, but adequate) a cordless telephone and electronically controlled preset lighting. The mini bar was well stocked and relatively affordable but sill with some hotel mark up. There is a pod coffee machine which confusingly came with only 2 pods that were different. Either give me 2 of each or 2 of the same. No milk - only powdered whitener although I am sure I could have asked for some from room service.

I thought that the sport theme was unique and the way it was executed complimented the Art Deco decor and acknowledged the history of the building. This is the first time I have experienced a leather lined lift but it was amazing. The smell of high quality leather in the lift gave it the 'luxury car' feel. A very nice touch.

The bar was fantastic. Super comfortable couches and plenty of space to be and enjoy the space with the people you are with and not those your are jammed in against. The barmen were knowledgeable and very good at their jobs. As a bonus the bar is open 24 hrs which for a hotel this size is fantastic. I wasn't drinking at 3 in the morning but it was nice to know I did not have to worry about getting rushed to leave and could enjoy my time.

I managed to use the pool and sauna one evening after a day of touring and the staff and facilities were superb. The pool is about 15m long so not suitable for lap swimming but still enough to stretch it out. The amazing glass roof can open in warmer weather as well which must be incredible. I was unable to book a massage at the spa as it was the weekend apparently only one therapist is on duty. While I acknowledge I was trying to book last minute, it would add to the 5 star feel if they were able to 'make it work' for short term guests. It might pay to book your spa when you book your stay if you plan on a weekend trip.

The location is perfect. About 30 mins from the airport, 10 mins taxi or 30 mins walk from the old city and around the corner from the main shopping strip Nizami Street. There were always a few taxi's waiting out front of the hotel and I even got the same driver a few times. He was very good and even returned something we left in the car to the hotel. I used the Bolt app to get from the airport to the hotel. The car was of questionable roadworthiness but I arrived and it was cheap at 9 minat. I used one of the hotel cars on check out to get to the airport as a bit of a treat and it was modern, comfortable and the driver very professional. It cost 30 minat - significantly more but well worth it.

Finally the hotel were very generous in providing a late check out as my flight was early evening. This was a fantastic bonus and just highlighted the level of professionalism and hospitality we received with any of the staff we interacted with. A big thank you to everyone.

So I chose the Dinamo over the Marriott and the Fairmont - the other 2 contenders for my budget. I felt the the Four Seasons was priced way too high for this market, but hey if you have the cash and want to collect a brand name then maybe its for you. The other two property's get good reviews however there were too many "great if only" type reviews.

The Dinamo was perfect! Loved every minute and felt that it was worth every cent. It is the complete package and like Baku and Azerbaijan, it will reward the adventurous soul who is prepared to take a calculated risk on the path less travelled. Book it and enjoy.

Room tip: The Apollo room was perfect. Spacious and comfortable - but all rooms would be incredible.
Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank jaspaxroams
Reviewed 9 October 2019

A unique and fabulous place to stay in the heart of Baku.We received early check in without any problem. The inside decoration, an amazing artistic art nouveau style is most impressive and exceptional one. Super clean, excellent service, Big and very confortable bedroom and bathroom. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank mogolan
GunayK31, Guest Relations Manager at Dinamo Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking your time and to share your kind review in detail. We are so glad and motivated by your feedback, which in its turn, contribute us to service by heartily and get sincerely guests like You being satisfied with our service.We are looking forward to greeting you again in our Hotel.

Best Regards,
Nurlan Azizli

Reviewed 3 October 2019 via mobile

During the trip I have stayed in 5-star hotels like Hilton and Four Season, but the Dinamo Hotel is the most impressive and exceptional one. The decoration is unique and artistic, and the staff are pretty friendly and thoughtful. I particularly appreciate the young, blonde-hair lady and her male colleague at the reception for noticing my birthday and preparing a tiny birthday cake for me, which is the first gift that I have received in a foreign country. If I visit Baku again, I will definitely choose to stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GunayK31, Front Office Manager at Dinamo Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Dear Mrs. Zheng,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share with us your review. We are so glad and motivated by your kind words, which in its turn, contribute us to work by heartily with sincerely guests like You. We are looking forward to greet You again in our Hotel.

Best Regards,
Nurlan Azizli

Reviewed 14 September 2019

Great location in a busy street in Baku with a most enjoyable terrace, which we loved for dinner.
Amazing artnouveau design hotel, with many enjoyable details. One loves the beautiful room.
Lunch was tasteful and trendy.
Staff extremely polite and efficient in every corner.
We would love to return.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank BuksiBudapest
GunayK31, Guest Relations Manager at Dinamo Hotel Baku, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Dear BuksiBudapest,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your valuable feedback with our team. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your staying, hotel facilities and staff! Your comment will be shared with all our team. We are looking forward to greet you again at Dinamo Hotel Baku!

Best regards,