“Very dissapointing”
Review of The Club Yerevan

The Club Yerevan
Ranked #37 of 1,087 Restaurants in Yerevan
Cuisines: Armenian, French, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Trinity at The Club: Wine and Food from our Garden. Dinner at Trinity at The Club is a creative, multifaceted gastronomic journey where we push to the edge of flavors with natural products from our own garden. While simple, the quality, textures, and flavors all come together in sublime harmony. The dishes are elegant and inventive, with several hearty options like a Tomahawk steak grilled to succulent perfection and presented in a way you’ve never seen before. Expect big, robust flavors, myriad textures, and bold ingredient combinations. Many dishes are designed for sharing since the temptation to order everything is very real. There is an exclusive wine selection from the cellars of Trinity Canyon Vineyards. The restaurant is open for lunch (noon to 16:00) and dinner (18:00 to midnight) daily, except Sunday. Entrance from Parpetsi Street.
Reviewed April 11, 2022

I had not written a review because my mother always taught me "if you dont have something nice to say, dont say anything." We dined at the Club in March 2022, somewhere where we had dined during every previous stay in Yerevan. It was always one of our pit stops being among the best resturants in the city.

Alas, those days are gone...Thankfully now good restaurants in Yerevan are a 'dime a dozen'. The Club unfortunately is not one of them. As another reviewer had remarked, The Club seems to have embarked on the 'new and daring'. Unfortunately the 'new and daring' has resulted in 'a calamitous mess'.

I ordered a 'terrine' as a starter. It arrived thinly sliced with each slice covered on both sides with a God awful powdered 'spice?' mixture which rendered it inedible. My wife ordered a 'vegetarian tempura'...there were 3 pieces (two vegetable with the third, a small slice of apple...) covered in an inch thick batter. You had to dig through the batter with an axe to get to the slice of fried apple....If this is "new and daring"....I will say nothing.

The owners of the restaurant I understand also make their own wine, strangely branded 6100...We tried a blended Red. It was excellent. The wine has deffinitely kept pace with the incredible improvement in Armenian wine making. Pity about the restaurant.

The lady who looked like she was the manager of the restaurant was friendly, very enthusiastic and knowledgeable and capable, specially when discussing their wines. She did not express surprise when we did not manage to eat the food...

Luckily you can buy the wine in some shops and can avoid the food.

Sorry to say, The Club is off our list of where in the future we could dine in Yerevan.

Date of visit: March 2022
Vahe_TheClub, Owner at The Club Yerevan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for your review. The Club is going through a transformation first time after 18 years and I am sorry we failed you to meet your expectations. It is an ongoing process. Next time you are in Yerevan, I hope you'll give it a try and will be pleasantly surprised. Some of the items from The Club's past menu are now served in Steakarar, our new restaurant next to our wine bar, In Vino.
Wine is called 6100 to honor the age of the world's most ancient winery that was found near our vineyards in Vayots Dzor region. It is 6100 years old and is located in Areni-1 cave.

Write a reviewReviews (709)

Reviewed March 10, 2022 via mobile

Biggest wine collection in the city
Great customer service
Perfect atmosphere
If you need wine you must come here

Date of visit: March 2022

Thank you for your review. I think this was meant for our wine bar In Vino, which is located on Saryan 6, not far from The Club. The Club doesn't offer the biggest wine collection in the city but In Vino and our other restaurant Tapastan do. :)

Reviewed December 11, 2021

Food is as delicious as it is gorgeous looking. This is probably the only place in Yerevan where they offer their own version of kombucha. Although I am not a big fun of it, my friends loved it and took a bottle with them. When I see the same servers, who have been there since my first visit almost a decade ago, greeting me like an old friend - it tells me a lot about the restaurant. I loved the freshly baked bread from Armenian wheat, Sevan sea buckthorn cheese and the pave steak. My friends enjoyed the local quinoa salad and vegetable tempura.

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed November 27, 2021

When I came to Yerevan, going to The Club was an obvious choice as they used to run my favourite restaurant in Cannes. The food here is a different, it is more refined and more focused on unexpected combinations that helped me discover new delicious flavors. It is essentially a joint effort with their winery and the wines are only from Trinity, which is not bad except they don't make sparkling wines. What I liked except the food that with all creativity of their cuisine, the service was not pretentious.

Date of visit: November 2021
1  Thank georgeaO9236EJ
Reviewed November 20, 2021

the new menu from The Club is not for every person but if you like to try something new and exciting, you won't be disappointing. It is really creative and fearless. Something new for Armenia. But I have to say that I do miss the old favorites. But I'm happy they are open again.

Date of visit: November 2021
Vahe_TheClub, Partner at The Club Yerevan, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2021

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found our cuisine new and exciting. Hope to see you again.