“Good to know”
Review of Cu Chi Tunnels

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went here with my cousins. We realy enjoyed our tour here with Sinh Tourist. Our tour guide is the best. :)

Really understand the time when Vietnamese and Americans had a war. Vietnamese are very smart on their traps. Haha :)

Write a ReviewReviews (20,414)
All reviews
in 203 reviews
"both sides"
in 250 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were able to see pretty much everythingt we wanted to see in downtown HCMC in a day so decided to book a combined Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong River delta cruise for the next day. We visited the tunnels in the morning. We were able to get to the tunnels before most of the larger tour buses, but it was still crowded and we had to wait for other people to clear before our guide could explain everything at all the stops we made. I found the demonstration of the different booby traps quite interesting.

The highlight for many was the chance to go inside the tunnels. You have to option of going 20m, 40m, 60m or 100m. I am quite large (260lbs) and had trouble squeezing through. I eventually had to drop to my knees and crawl to get out. Consequently, I bailed at the 20m mark, but I am glad I did it.

You also have the option of firing a M-16 or AK-47 assault rifle but the price was quite steep (about $27 for only 10 bullets) so we ended up passing on this. Still, we had a fun morning and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in the War.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

It has to be done and is very interesting and a great history lesson but the number of people visiting has increased hugely in the ten years since I last visited and made it less pleasant. Take a guide as that way you understand what went on from all sides.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

What a fab visit a must come and see. We traveled with ruth a local guide from ho chi minh who was also our guide for all our trips. Young lad with outstanding english and a mass of information in a wide subject. We had chance to see so much and take photos. Have a snack and even shoot at the firering rang. Trip is around 6 hours from ho chi minh and back but well worth the money.