“AMAZING”

Ranked #12 of 3,784 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: US$10 - US$150
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Hung is one of the oldest restaurant in Le Mat snake village . The restaurant is mostly made by wood, eight roofs with ancient features by the famous sculptor. The family-restaurant model is warm, friendly, intimate and hospitable. The profession of catching, breeding and processing snakes have been preserved many generations. Coming here, visitors will enjoy many kinds of snake. Play with non-toxic bamboo snake, eat 11 snake dishes with free drinks. Our slogan is HAPPINESS FIRST - MONEY SECOND so our commitment is IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY - FREE OF CHARGE. We welcome all of you! Thank you! Dragon (Mr), the owner
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

I went to find a snake resturant for my friend who wanted to est snake. I was scared but plesently supprised of the quility and excellenc of the owner and service it was truely a must do. The most kind hearted people will give you an amazing experienc. It s worth the tripp ENJOY!!! :)

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Never would I have thought to eat snake. Well, The Hung restaurant made it a wonderful experience. For those who are daring, must try their mountain cobra. It's a bit pricy for Vietnam, but it's worth every single penny. Don't be afraid to go try snake, they know how to professionally cook and clean it. You get 8-11 dishes made with one snake and shots of snake blood and bile. I've been all over Vietnam, and I have to say their customer service is pretty top notch. They have English speakers, so don't be intimidated with trying to communicate. Go and try it! It's a wonderful experience, and I for sure am coming back. A+ to their craftsman ship on their snake dish.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Why dont you try a snake! You will see it alive, being killed, and you eat evrything on it prepared and divided in elleven courses. My favorite was the dried snake skin. Looked and tasted like a colourful crackling. Truly recomended!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

I cannot recommend this place any more highly than I will do now!

We stayed at the central backpackers hostel and we travelled to this restaurant as a special occasion treat. It was definitely something to remember. I would advise going in a group as it makes the experience a lot more entertaining.

You get a lot of food for your money and the blood and bile shots are really something else!

Alongside the great food the service is amazing as well really polite staff and fluent English. I recommend this to all!

Reviewed 27 June 2016

I love food. I have always loved food. One of my favorite things about Vietnam is all of the amazingly cheap, delicious food everywhere. But this place is in a league of its own. First off, I want to say that this is not cheap. It is expensive, even by US standards, but you're paying for a once in a lifetime experience.

The owner speaks great english and is super friendly. I was able to call him and he gave the cab driver directions to the restaurant (about a 30 min cab ride from old town). They serve three types of snake (all that owner hunts and catches himself), with king cobra being the most expensive option. Depending on the amount of people, you will need to choose a different size of snake. After that, he brings it to you and gives you a private show with the snake. It is really really exciting. The snake is then killed in front of you and every part of it's body is used to make an incredible 11 course meal.

And don't think that this is just some crazy tourist gimmick. The restaurant is obviously high class and only eaten at on special occasions, but it is for locals. I was there with one friend and the other party in the restaurant was a family of Vietnamese locals celebrating a birthday.

If you are in Hanoi and think this sounds interesting, just go do it. I guarantee you'll have a good time.

Date of visit: June 2016