SUPER HOTEL Candle
US$36
US$90
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hanoi La Selva Hotel(Hanoi)
US$46
  • Breakfast included
La Beaute De Hanoi Hotel(Hanoi)(Great Value!)
US$35
  • Breakfast included
Golden Sun Palace Hotel(Hanoi)
US$35
US$139
JW Marriott
US$98
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjapanese style hotelbusiness tripnice hotelspa treatmentsfitness centerbed was comfortablerooftop barwest lakestayed for nightsphoold quartersaunafloorfacilitiesfridgetoilettaxi
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Staff were very helpful. Beds were very comfortable and was almost sad to have to leave. The restaurant in the hotel is good and has a wide variety of Vietnamese and western food. I especially loved the coffee in the hotel, but it's awesome in Vietnam in general. The location is a bit out of the way. But it's near Ho Chi Minh museum. I'd recommend downloading the grabtaxi app as it's a simple way of getting around Hanoi. The staff mostly had good English with only a few moments of getting Lost in translation.

Stayed: August 2017
FOMSUPERHOTELCANDLE, Quản lý bộ phận lễ tân at SUPER HOTEL Candle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Liam-adrian S

Thank you for choosing Super Hotel Candle and for taking time to share your experience with us!

It's great to be hearing your share of our services. We are committed to constantly try and remain committed to bringing you the best service hope you satisfied with the quality of our services.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. We look forward to having you back again at our hotel in your next trip to Hanoi.

With best regards,

Trinh Hung Hai
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I was on a business trip to Ha Noi, and needed to be close to Van Phuc. I didn't want to spend big money of the like that the international brands are charging in that area, so had a look around and decided on the Candle! I have probably driven past this hotel a couple of hundred times (having spent a total of 8+ years in Ha Noi), but never gave it a thought.

So, what a pleasant surprise. I arrived early in the morning, and the happy receptionist took my bags, and advised me to come back at 2pm. That suited me, as I had a couple of meetings lined up, so I was in no rush.

I had a large mug of cappuccino in the ground floor coffee shop, before heading off. That was a good start to the day. I arrived back at 2pm on the dot, and was taken directly to my room on the 6th floor. While the exterior of the hotel looks quite dated, the interior is very modern - I would not be surprised if the rooms had been recently refurbished.

The room was about 40m2, and contained everything you could need: large double bed, very good wi-fi (excellent if you are on business), cable TV, plenty of storage, minibar (not too expensive), large wardrobe, gowns, slippers, tea-making, the lot.
The bathroom has of good standard, and the toilet had a control panel that could pamper your posterior in any manner of ways. The only negative, and this is quite usual for Ha Noi hotels, is that the shower rose spays water all over the bathtub, which ends up draining onto the floor. You will inevitably end up with a soaked bathmat before you tread on it.

So that is all about the room. A real treat the next morning was breakfast. There was a vast array of dishes, catering for the needs of the many varied nationalities that stay at the Candle. As it was a Saturday, I was able to take my time, and the very attentive, and courteous, staff, did not rush me. So I had a leisurely breakfast, which also doubled for my lunch.

Although I did not have the opportunity to use all of the facilities, the hotel provides the lot. A fully functional fitness centre, pool, and spa, (all on the 3rd Floor), and a quaint little bar at the top of the building.

The staff were spot on, which is not always the case in Ha Noi hotels. I would be hard-pressed to find better value for money, as less than $70/night, inclusive of a great breakfast.

Room Tip: The views are not great, due to the location. However, the higher floors allows you to see above the street grime!
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2017

A decent location 15 minutes from the Old Quarter, reasonable breakfast and a pleasant roof top bar with views of the city. Seems to cater for Japanese clientele.

First 8 floors are for hotel and function use then floors above are serviced apartments.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 12 June 2017

On the positive side the rooms at this hotel are a good size and it is in a good location if you've seen enough of the old quarter. It's just a short walk to the lake and a pleasant place to walk around with several coffee shops. The park is also close by and a nice place to relax.. It is also reasonably priced. Breakfast is adequate, I particularly enjoyed the pho and I've tried many. Staff are friendly. On the negative side we, like others had issues with the air conditioning, not that it broke down, but as I understand it from the engineers, was simply turned off. The first night we didn't sleep at all and opening the windows just meant it was so noisey from the traffic. They turned it on for us the second night so that was OK, but the next night it was off again. You expect to be able to sleep in a hotel, so one night in three is just not satisfactory.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Thank you guy. We really really enjoy with ur hotel during time we stayed there. Warm welcome. Beakfast so good, any drinks are cheap, Clearn Room. But abit we didn't is about the Corridor which abit smile of smoking. Anyway, Thank you for all ur kindness.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
FOMSUPERHOTELCANDLE, Quản lý bộ phận lễ tân at SUPER HOTEL Candle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear valued customer,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us!

With best regards,