Open today: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience and perfect value x price relation

We recently booked a tour with Samui Explorer and our experience was great, the staff speak spanish... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
837lilim
Monterrey, Mexico
via mobile
Quick custom island tour

Reasonably priced custom island tour on short notice. Just call Michelle and she can set up... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$44.51
from US$32.37
from US$106.82
More Info
All reviews jungle club private tour mr nong island tour big buddha booked airport transfers via paypal excellent tour cruise ship excellent communication air conditioned car samui airport day trip crystal bay always on time namuang waterfall highly recommend this company
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Mr Nong took us on a private taxi tour around the island and was most accommodating. He speaks excellent English and has a good personality. we had a good laugh with him and he has lots of good knowledge of the area. We were able to set the agenda and decide when to leave and move on. I would go with him again we had a fantastic day with Mr Nong!

2  Thank P0ppy24
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

We contacted Michelle at very short notice, and she managed to fit us in for a 5 hour tour, kindly waving aside worries when we had technical problems with our PayPal deposit. Our driver, Mr Nong, was great - a bubbly personality perfectly suited to being a tour guide, and lots of interesting information about the sites he took us to see. Definite recommend!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I went to the Big Buddha Coffee to meet Michelle, who was recommended by my Airbnb host. Over a cup of coffee, I asked if she could help me set-up a private tour of the island and help book a trip to Angthong Marine Park. I hadn't booked anything ahead of time but felt very blessed that Michelle was able to arrange for both. Mr. Nong picked me up from my listing. He was extremely kind and courteous. He speaks excellent English. He constantly made sure if I was doing alright. He volunteered to take photos of me at these sites. He made sure to explain where we were heading to and any background information. We visited Wat Plai Laem, View point to see Chaweng Beach, Hin Ta & Hin Yai, Mummified monk, drove through Lamai, Namuang Waterfall 1, treated me to a latte at Boy Organic Coffee, and a quick lunch stop at I-Taly along the beach in the south side. It was 2500 (+tip) baht for 5 hours. I highly recommend Michelle and Mr. Nong's wonderful service.

1  Thank Muselulu
Mitch1968_12, Owner at Samui Explorer, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Fantastic... Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review for us. This makes us so happy that we have had some involment in making your 1st trip to Samui, a good one.

Hope to see you soon back on Samui

Thanks heaps

Michelle

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Michelle was very responsive to emails in helping me organise a small group tour of Koh Saumi for people attending the same wedding. However, somehow there was a massive miscommunication breakdown and we were only provided a mini bus and driver, no guide. The whole reason to have a tour is for an English speaking guide who can explain what you are looking at and to give an insight into the culture of the lovely Thai people. She explained after I expressed my displeasure, that this was to save money. But it was way overpriced (I felt ripped off) we ended up paying 2 to 3 times more than we would have if I had arranged for a driver with minivan myself.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank Lynda B
Mitch1968_12, Manager at Samui Explorer, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Hi Linda thank you for spending the time after your tour to write the review. Your review however, some what surprises me. This was your misunderstanding, as you were informed of this fact from the start from you decided to add the tour for you alone to 10 persons. I explained I could arrange a driver, not a Guide and that his English is limited. You paid for a minivan and driver 10 persons 5 hrs 3500 baht which is not over priced

I see also that you didnt mention that after you voiced your concern on the telephone to me at the very start of your tour that I actually left a customer early to go to my office and print off a picture Itinerary with a description for each of your group, I met you at the 1st site and handed these to your group. I explained the misunderstanding to them, and they had all expressed that it was not a problem and thanked me but expressed that there had been no need for me to do this. Yourself seemed happy about this also and you too said ok, thank you it was just a misunderstanding! I wish you had expressed these views to me when I had met you instead of writing a not so true review!

Im not here on the Island to rip customers off or sell them something without making it clear to them what they are booking. I made you aware of the situation and went above my call of duty to ensure that your guest knew more about what they were seeing. Maybe in future for other companies you use, that you read your correspondence more carefully

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

We got a great tour of Koh Samui exactly the way we like it - a guide driver, clean car for the two of us, a plan that we could tweak during the day to suit us.

Michelle set it up for us and Mr Nong was waiting for us at the pier when we arrived on Jan 15, 2017.

Drove around the island and covered the key sights (pagoda, temples, strange rocks); skipped some (waterfall, mummified monk, etc); and had total flexibility to spend more time at places that interested us (Jim Thompson, market, plant nurseries) that were not on the original plan.

All in 5 hours. For 3,000 baht, way less than the cruise ship excursion. With excellent service. What more can you ask for?

Date of experience: January 2017