“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 18 September 2018 via mobile

After sampling several of the local restaurants, we settled on the Orchid as our ‘go-to’ because it was consistently the best.
Strike up a dialogue with the owner/waiters and let them know what it is you like and let them recommend something to suit your taste.
I like everything.
From the spicy seafood (Tom Yum) soup (Thai spicy because I felt brave.....try it!), to the crocodile steak, barracuda, or shark (done in garlic/tamarind....whatever suits your taste), they have a menu to suit all tastes.
Even for my (strictly) vegan partner, they always managed to find her something to accommodate her palate.
Very good value for money.
Never more than 800 baht (<£18) for three courses and four soft drinks for the two of us.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Really nice fresh food at great prices. Try the spring rolls-they are the best we've had in Thailand.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

Despite the fact that their menu was extremely large, everyone's dish was very good. The staff was very friendly, and very helpful.

I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Sorry to say this was the most disappointing meal we had in Cheong Mon, but the staff are brilliant, I can only say it must have been what we ordered, my wife also was not overly impressed with her dish. I won't say what we ordered because maybe that would be unfair to the Orchid. Hopefully it was just us not getting our Thai food order right or just a bad night.

Date of visit: July 2018
Christian W, Public Relations Manager at The Orchid Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your review.
I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy our food.
Jony and his colleagues tried to find out what meal you had but they couldn't…
Without knowing what the issues was we can’t overcome possible mistakes.
Jony suggested that you could maybe hop by and tell him in confidence what dishes you had?

Regards
Christian

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Cant believe this restaurant is number #6 in Choeng Mon. It is by far the least good Thai food we have had in Thailand.

None of the dishes were made of fresh ingrediens:
Prawn cakes
Soups with vegetables
Noodle dishes

Friendly staff, But all in all a very dissapointing experience.

Date of visit: July 2018
Christian W, Public Relations Manager at The Orchid Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear Mathias,

I can’t believe that we are number #6 in Choengmon too, because we are not. I just checked that. Thank you anyway for your review which gives me the opportunity to inform about our food supply management. Our stock of food is being refilled on a daily base. We don't keep much of supplies in the restaurant so we can always offer fresh food. But sh.. can happen in every restaurant in the world. Please tell us if there is problem with the food while you are in the restaurant and we will try to fix it.

Regards