Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$66.03
from US$61.08
from US$26.41
10,214 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The Elephant Nature Park was such an amazing experience and my husband and I will remember it forever. We did the one day visit while on our honeymoon and had the best time! Our guide for the day was Job and he was excellent! He gave us lots of information about the elephants and made us feel very comfortable being near them. His passion and love for the elephants was very evident and the entire park does such an amazing job caring for the elephants. The activities of the day were well planned out and the lunch buffet was delicious! It started raining in the afternoon when we were bathing the elephants but we still had lots of fun. If you are visiting Thailand you must do this trip, even if you're on your honeymoon! :)

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I volunteered for a week at the Elephant Nature Park (ENP). Simply amazing to be able to feed these majestic giants, both young and old. The week was well organized for groups of about 20 in 4 groups with various tasks in the morning and afternoon. Cleaning out Elephant housing, planting grass, Elephant kitchen, Walking and feeding Elephants. Cleaning up the park. Was able to meet and talk to many of the Mahouts who care for their Elephants. The Elephants are not ridden and simply walk about the nature park during the day. Accommodation:- was a shared above ground hut with shower and toilet. Mosquito netting over the beds with ceiling fan and opened roof areas for ventilation. Food:- very healthy Thai food, both hot and cold with fresh fruits. Staff:- Very friendly and helpful. When undertaking tasks, the staff make regular reminders to wear appropriate clothing and drink plenty of fresh water, from the supplied large drinking bottle. A local group of ladies from the nearby village provide very good massages and I found these to be very relaxing and needed after working hard with the tasks during the day. My daughter attended the ENP last year during early September. I will be returning again soon to reconnect with the staff and beautiful Elephants. Before I forget, the ENP also care for Cats, Dogs, Water Buffalo and they also have wonder life with the love from the Staff and visitors. I recommend the ENP as a must see and participate as a volunteer for a week.

2  Thank RS_ALEXANDER
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This park is a beautiful place. They take excellent care of the animals, and it is not like the other "sanctuaries", this is the real deal. I feel both speechless but filled with endless stories from this week, and I can't recommend it enough. I did a week long volunteering, and I loved every second of it. You don't work hard enough, but you still feel like you're doing a difference. You get to interact with the animals, but with great respect for them and their natural instincts. You'll learn so much about elephants, animals in Asia, yourself and the importance of making a difference. The food is out of this world and the people working there are the nicest people.

I will come back one day, I promise.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sorry first off I think some of the bad reviews are mistaking this place with somewhere else - there are no mahouts here who would abuse the elephants so that frustrates me. And yes vegetarian food - big deal - I did not come here expecting a five course meal - some people cannot be pleased.

I will say the video you watch on the way there is highly graphic and disturbing and most of us cried - I didn't know this but I understand why they do it - while I knew it - I had never seen it and it is horrific. Now I know but it was tough.

We had a great day - the booking process was easy and we were picked up on time. We fed the elephants and walked in the fields. We bathed them in the river and watched the babies play in the water.

The founder is actually there working with everyone.

This is an amazing project which intend to support.

1  Thank Danielle G
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Today we visited this park in Chiang Mai and it was worth every single Thai baht. You can see that the people that work there love the elephants. They have a lot of space and get a lot of food. The scenery was beautiful. We had a good lunch and our guide 'Trunk' gave us a lot of useful information about the elephants and the park. We had an amazing day!