Book In Advance
Tours from Elephant Nature Park tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from US$66.03
from US$61.08
from US$26.41
10,214 results
All reviews dogs and cats vegetarian buffet water buffalo street begging rescued elephants day trip heart breaking ride elephants their lives amazing experience these beautiful creatures overnight stay life changing experience watermelon these gentle giants asian elephants eye opening
Reviewed 7 February 2015 via mobile

After hearing all the horror stories of elephants in trekking camps, I wanted to do something to help them. Coming here and volunteering my time, and donating to a cause that rescues and houses abused and abandoned elephants made me feel good. It felt good to be knowledgeable of the horrors of the trekking and animal tourism industry, and it felt good to help out.

My partner and I did a single day tour, and if we had more time we would have stayed longer. It was so much fun feeding the elephants, bathing them, and hanging out with them. I loved seeing them genuinely happy, and playing with eachother.

The company who runs the park is a good company, with great morals. They even talk to other camps and have even succeeded in getting some awful "sanctuaries" and trekking camps to treat their elephants with love and kindness, not abuse.

The tour was very educational, the guides were friendly, I had a blast and I learned a lot. I would, and will, recommend this place to any and all travelers who want to see happy, healthy elephants. I will never forget our trip here, and I will definitely be back.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank Electricanimals
Reviewed 7 February 2015

Several packages are available, including multi-day overnight stays. We did a day trip. We were picked up from our hotel (which was slightly confusing... the pickup time is +/- 30 minutes, and different shuttles depending on which tour. It makes sense, it just wasn't clearly explained). After a long van drive into the countryside, we arrived at ENP.
Our guide was very helpful and informative. After our introduction, we walked around being introduced to several of the elephants, and getting some of the history of the elephants and ENP. Also important to learn about the benefits of an elephant rescue, versus a more traditional elephant tourist attraction.
During the course of the day we had the opportunity to feed the elephants twice, and a chance bathe one of these lovely elephants.
Overall and excellent experience

2  Thank willoughbe2
Reviewed 6 February 2015

No tricks, no rides, no cruelty masquerading as entertainment. This is a way to get to know elephants, stroke them, whisper in their ears, feed them and cool them down with water in a natural healthy environment. These elephants have been saved from past hardships like the circus, logging industry and war. It's joyous to see them in a free and natural setting lolling in mud baths and just standing together, I couldn't believe how tame and trusting they were. Our guide was knowledgable and passionate about elephants, we learned so much and had lots of interaction with the animals. A little 2 year old male came over to where we were sitting at one point and gently pushed my daughter and I off the log we were sitting on, he wanted to play - it was thrilling!
It was a Christmas day I will never forget, the highlight of our trip even the food was delicious and you'll feel good about supporting this beautiful place. Don't ride elephants, hang out with them you'll feel you'll have been so much closer to them.

Date of experience: December 2014
2  Thank Fiona C
Reviewed 6 February 2015

After watching the video on their website, I have immediately booked the tour, because it looks amazing and fruitful! On that day, the sun is shining but you don't fell got at all. That makes you feel more enjoyable. With an awesome guide, his name is A, I knew a lot more about elephants and it was fun to sit down to watch what they do in their daily life! This tour definitely better than other elephant camps and night safari! I highly recommend you to go if have a day off in your plan! The price is nice too. At least I feel it is worth to pay.

1  Thank Eric C
Reviewed 6 February 2015

The title is a bit misleading as they offer much more than day tours - you can also stay overnight or become a volunteer for a week or more. This park is a must for any visitor to northern Thailand who loves elephants but wants to avoid elephant rides and circuses. Here you get to see the 44 rescued elephants being elephants - follow them around, watch them bathe in the river, feed them, and see them interact with each other in their own family groups. ENP forbids the use of painful and damaging control methods such as the bull hook, so you can enjoy it in the knowledge that the elephants are being looked after, which cannot be said for any trekking camp or circus. The park is also home to 450 dogs which you can take out for walks, 200 cats with their own new 'Cat Kingdom', about 40 water buffalo and a couple of monkeys, so even if you get bored of elephants (seriously, what?) there's plenty more to see. I recommend going for at least an overnight, though if you have time the most rewarding experience by far is the weekly volunteer programme. Good accommodation - private rooms, hot showers (generally anyway), excellent food. Wifi is flaky, but COME ON, YOU'RE IN AN ELEPHANT SANCTUARY IN THAILAND!!!

3  Thank total_walker