“Awesome Western-city feel with authentic feel ”
Review of Ginger & Kafe

Ginger & Kafe
Ranked #66 of 2,439 Restaurants in Chiang Mai
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving traditional Thai food some dishes with a little modern twist. We have focus on taste, food styling and using top quality raw materials. Besides from our Thai menu we also have a Western menu leaning towards classic comfort food some dishes mixing Asian and Western flavours. The decor is eclectic with a feel of colonial style - it is formal and at the same time relaxing. You can choose between proper seating or casual dinning in one of our comfortable sofas.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We loved the restaurant from the second we walked in! Great Thai food( also westernized food too!), suggest ordering and sharing for meal. The atmosphere was great with fun and unique decorations through the restaurant and store behind. Highly suggest!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had lunch here after a recommendation and were so happy we did! It is a bit pricier than some other restaurants in Chiang Mai but was worth it. The food and drinks we very high quality and the service was great.

We both enjoyed the khao soi very much and left full and satisfied! The presentation of everything was an added bonus!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was a bizarre experience I don't want to have again. When we arrived, they offered indoor or outdoor seating. We chose indoor to keep cool, but they immediately redacted the offer. They must have realized they had a reservation or something because the building was empty.

Next they walked us to a table and handed us at least 4 different menus of all different sizes facing all different directions: up, right, upside down, backward... Once we got the menus straightened out, it wasn't clear on whether we were expected to share items or we were supposed to order individual entrees. The table setting indicated the latter, so we began our order.

We asked for water first, which unfortunately baffled the waiter and prompted him to walk away, stand next to a wall, and watch us, and not return until I got out of my seat and requested he come back. I sat back down and we began ordering. It became clear the waiter didn't know any of the items on the menu, so he asked a second waiter to assist him. She stood next to him and repeated everything he said, which was not what we were ordering, so we had no idea what we were going to get. It did, however, become clear that the food was meant to be shared despite labels like "one dish only". They asked us if we'd like rice, which we happily accepted, but they only brought one small cup of rice to our table. It wasn't enough, but we had already witnessed such confusion, we weren't sure it was worth asking for more.
After all the food had been served, our drinks and water were delivered to the table. The waiter promptly dropped the waters and nearly broke two glasses, all the while calling for the second waiter to assist. I made a diving catch for the water, but missed as it tumbled to the ground. The glasses he gave us were dirty, so I reached for my napkin to clean mine, but realized I didn't have one. I went up to the counter to grab a napkin from the pile of folded napkins. They took them out of my hand, escorted me back to the table, unfolded the napkins, and placed them on our laps. I cleaned the schmutz from our glasses and poured the water.
We began eating our meal. Our smoothies were wonderful. The meal was not great, but at least it wasn't terrible. Unfortunately, some of the chicken was undercooked, and I didn't realize this until about a quarter of the way through. We didn't finish the meal. We gestured a few times for the check, got the waiter's attention, he indicated understanding, then went over to stand next to the wall once more. We waited a couple more minutes for him to do something, but I ultimately went over to him and asked again. He asked his second waiter for assistance, and she repeated something that neither of us said, then smiled at me brilliantly. My waiter told me to wait and walked away—this time I presume to get the bill. He returned about 5 minutes later. We paid. We left.

Today I'm dealing with the effects of food poisoning from under-cooked chicken.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We didn't make a reservation and luckly they could sit us outside. And it was also ok . Although inside it was beautifully decorated with lots of nice furnitures and flowers. But the food and the service is amazing. We ordered curry, fresh spring rolls and fried rice and the taste was amazing .

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This place was the right amount of cute and delicious! it was the best real meal I had in Thailand! Although, if you're looking for cheap street food, this place isn't it. It's a proper restaurant!!!! WHICH I was so happy to see!! It was great to indulge in properly made food again. I thought it was fairly priced relative to the atmosphere. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone!