“The bands are some of the best I've heard!”

Pentatonic Rock Bar
Ranked #6 of 46 Nightlife in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I was sitting at Zoe next door, when I heard Master of Puppets being played live. Immediately walked over and a whole Metallica set was being played. Spent the next 30 mins with a beer in my hand, head banging away. This bar is barebones, perfect for enjoying the music.

If you're a metal fan or just love good music, go check out the various bands on Friday night.

2  Thank Nagaboy

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

Worth the visit for metal lovers. We saw 2 live shows, great original music and a really cool cover band. Good atmospire and cool crowed.

Reviewed 30 October 2014

First time i was with my son; then i went again excellent groups playing live musik it is fantastic
The prices very acceptable can have lot of funn . If you like the Rock and Heavy Metal music
you have to visit the OENTATONIC ROCK BAR

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Pentatonic Rock Bar is situated amongst a lot of other bars/discos at Yellow (corner) in Chiang Mai.
I first came across this bar,about three years ago,whilst out with a few mates. They have different bands everynight,playing a cross section of rock to heavy metal.The night I was there,the band was playing a selection of Rammstein and the bar was packed! I`d recommend getting there early,as it can get very busy,depending on who`s playing.
Bar is usually full of rock-type thai`s and a fair sprinkling of farangs,out for a rocking-night out!

1  Thank ch1ldofthemoon
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I, Melachi ibn Amillar, being of unsound mind and body, did visit the Pentatonic Bar, Chiang Mai, Thailand, in November 2012. Walking back to my rather dire hotel, I wandered past an open disco bar, and determined to leave this dismal city as soon as possible. Then I heard what sounded like the strains of Iron Man from a nearby shed. Entering, and finding it decorated with vaguely rocky, sprayed murals, I found a dozen patrons, young Thais and few foreigners, and a four-piece band, Project Mayhem. Ordering a beer at about 80B (1.50£), and reclining at the back on an armchair apparently retrieved from a dump, I remained to listen; this band played numerous rock standards, they were really smoking, literally and figuratively, with greatly fluid lead and bass guitarists and fine drummer and singer. Even their cover of Stairway to Heaven was goosebump-inducing. Thinking perhaps the town was not so boring after all, I dropped in a few days later, to see them again playing for friends and some beer. Anyone planning an intercontinental flight to see a band could do much worse than travel to see Project Mayhem at the Pentatonic bar in Chiang Mai.

6  Thank Melachi-ibn-Amillar