“Loved it”

Add it.
Mayer Spa
Ranked #205 of 262 Spas & Wellness in Chiang Mai
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Had I read the reviews here, I would have skipped this place, but so glad I went. 2 hours for 399 baht, and the best back massage ever. I had some injuries from a scooter accident, and she was so careful with me. Wonderful experience!

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

I'm writing this review whilst in the spa. There was miscommunication about how long we wanted our treatment for and it was embarrassing that the lady already started the treatment before saying in front of the rest of the store that we asked for only 1 hour and that's why she gave a discount. the scrub was more like a dip in warm water and the massage was painful and in total it lasted 40 minutes. It seemed like they just did as little as possible to get us in and out. Really awful experience

Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I paid for 1 hour foot massages, but the massage only lasted for 35-40 minutes each. My massage started 20 minutes after my husband's started, and got done at the same time. The "massage therapists" kept taking loudly with each other, making it impossible to relax. They would say something to us in Thai, and laugh when we didn't respond - we of course had no clue what they were talking about. At the end, my masseuse gave me a mini neck and shoulder massage. During that time, she shoved my head forward, and hit me in the back of my head twice. When she was done, she got up and left. No goodbye. No thank you.

1  Thank Sherrie M
Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

I came with my wife for an hour foot massage. If you're looking for strong massage, this is not the place for it! Maybe because we visited a bit late from 9-10pm. But overall, both me and my wife didn't enjoy the whole massage experience.

1  Thank Abdallah I
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 November 2015 via mobile

We entered because I wanted a foot scrub/massage and my wife wanted a mani/pedi. They each were to take an hour and a half.

The lady who was assigned to take care of my feet awkwardly began. She half-heartedly put my feet in a plastic tub and scrubbed away. Noticing that I had some sores, she took it easy around them. But for some reason she thought it would be OK to scrub my big toe so hard that it started to turn red in some spots. Later I would find out just how bad it really was, when I found myself having to go to the pharmacy to get anti septic and bandages.

On to the mani/pedi... Have you ever seen a 3-year-old trying to color inside the lines? She's trying, but she just doesn't have the ability to do so. Well, this experience was similar to that. The girl was very nice, but it seemed she lacked experience, constantly consulting the girl doing my foot rub. In the end, she left a lot to be desired, and my wife was not happy with the results.

At the end when we told them and even showed them why we were unhappy with the results, they got very defensive. Needless to say, we would not recommend this spot.