The Capital Resort @Sukhumvit 50
White Lodge(Bangkok)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewson nutapartment was cleanquiet place to staybig poolusername and passwordthoroughly enjoyed our stayquiet areabasic amenitieshuge roompool and gymnice staystandard roommain roadshopping areametro stationtaxi drivercondominium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Paid about 1000 Baht, which we think is a good price. In Danish value it's approximately 200 DKK.

ROOM: 4* (out of 5). The walls were very empty, no paintings of pictures, but it was painted purple. :-) We had a great view, stayed on the top of the building, room 6810.

BATHROOM: 4* (out of 5*). The tiles were rusty, and mushy. I love the bathtub - we chose this room because of the tub.

BEDROOM: 3* (out of 5*). For me, the bed was too hard - but after a long day out in the city I could sleep on anything. My boyfriend likes the bed though.

STAFF: 4* (out of 5) They do not speak Thai well, and not everyone can. But they do speak English.
FYI, I am Thai myself.
Also I wish they would be more outgoing and more friendly. I was expecting them to greet me in the matter of Thai people, with 'Sawasdee' with their hands, but unfortunately not. Some of the staff, spoke a second language, to each other. They should have more Thai spirit, because tourist would expect that.

POOL: 5* - the POOL is in the middle of the buildings, sorrounded by palm trees, loved it. The cleaning could have been better, but that was a minor detail.

We would come here again. :)

Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very clean accommodation. We stayed in a two bedroom studio. Very happy with our stay. Staff very helpful. Pool was great, good facilities.
Was a fair distance from centre of Bangkok, would need to take Sky Train and taxi etc. Close to Octave Rooftop Bar and Emporium Shopping centre. Both worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Firstly, you can get quite confused as there is two hotels under the same name in Bangkok, so make sure you provide drivers with the correct address as if you tell the name you may be taken to the other one as it happened to me.

The hotel itself is good, we were located in the old building, as it seems there is new ones, they provide this little ride (tuktkuk) from the hotel to the Tesco Lotus a small shopping center located close to Capital Resort, which is really convenient. Once you get to Tesco Lotus you can catch Train to the City Center or Taxi as well you can shop some groceries as hotel doesn't provide breakfast.

Rooms are good size, comfortable beds, with a good aircon and TV. The shower gives a bit trouble to keep water temperature and the sewer in the shower stinks, so make sure you keep door closed. I didn't like that there was no shelf inside shower to keep your products. The cleaning wasn't the best either but I've been to worst.

There is free water provided which is essential from any hotel in Thailand!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Nice and calm place not too close to the road.We had a very nice welcome and the staff is really helpful. Unfortunately the swimming pool was totally invade by a lot of noisy chinese people and we couldnt really enjoy it...not lucky

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Our room was spacious! We had a mini kitchen with a sink, microwave and a dining table. We thought the bathroom was quite spacious and nice. We’d have to say the bed was not comfortable as the mattress is quite hard.

The wifi was absolutely horrible. We were given a username and password on a piece of paper which often times wouldn’t be able to connect - and when we did we’d have trouble re-connecting again. On Agoda it’s advertised“Wi-Fi in public areas” - not true! We couldn’t connect when we were at the gym.

Our building’s phone line was out of service - staff did not provide that info. I had to go to front desk from my room to find out that information.. not happy!

Gym was a good size - but definitely outdated equipment.

Overall rating 2/5