See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 4 January 2016 via mobile

Maybe not, but this hotel is hands down the creepiest and most disgusting place we've stayed in our entire lives. We've stayed in various hotels throughout our lives, often on a tight budget. However this is one time I really wish we'd forked out a bit more and chosen somewhere else.

We arrived at the Don Mueang Airport at 1am, and just wanted a place to crash for the last few hours of the night. This place was recommended to us by staff at the airport, but to anyone who is in our situation, don't believe them!!

The room was musty and filled with cockroaches. The staff were unfriendly, especially the security guard who took our bags up to our room. He stood in the room for a while, writing notes with his back to us, then stared at us while walking out, shaking his head at us for no apparent reason. I made sure to lock the doors before going to sleep that night.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ondine G
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Stayed at this place several times in the late 90s and thought it was good since it is a low budget option near the Don Muang airport.
When the opened the new airport and Don Muang was forgotten I assume that was when this hotel started to go down the hill.
As Son Muang came back as a airport again Don Muang Mansion went on as nothing happened.

What you will find now is a very run down place. Stains everywhere, only cold water in my room, leaking fridge and surly staff. Land of smiles? Not here. Bed was rock hard. Worst hotel I stayed in Thailand for the last 16 years. WIFI was 15 baht extra per hour. Turned out it didn't work.

Angry sign on the fridge stating WATER NOT FREE. Thanks but I'll never return.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank tretjak
Reviewed 13 December 2015

Same story as others that it was recommended at the airport. This place is absolutely atrocious. The rooms are terrible and customer service even worse. Complete waste of money and then on top of that (despite what the airport said) there is no wifi, unless you pay, and even if you pay, you probably will not get it in your room. Go somewhere else, if I could give it a zero, I would.

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here
  • Stayed: December 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank ESF1232015
Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

Firstly,dont waste your money here. Since I came late into the night (2000 with a booking), they overcharged me by 400 baht. The place looks extremely eerie and dubious. The service was horrible.

Upon check in, the counter girl spoke to us with disdain and kept looking downwards at us(as tho she regarded us as lesser beings).she didn't bother elaborating and was constantly interrupted by a little girl by her side which again looked at us with the same disdain.

The room itself looks worn and old. The refrigerator isn't cold, the bed is EXTREMELY HARD, there was mosquitos everywhere and the door had technical problems. We seeked the counter's assistance and instead was greeted with impatience and annoyance. After much insistence, she spoke quite lengthyly to the security guard in thai( no doubt to rant considering how pissed they both looked). The guard then begrudgingly took us up , with a glare and impatient mumblings in yet again that unknown language. So he showed us how the door was locked :to lock it first then slam it shut -.- he then repeated it 3 times making us try to open it twice as a form of humiliation. Considering how unsafe the place is , angering him at this juncture was unwise so we humoured him.

I was honestly quite dissapointed with this first day accommodation. I was expecting much more from the country that calls itself the land of smiles. I sincerely call upon travellers to not stay here
Dissapointment should be quite apparent considering I made an effort to write out this lengthy post to save you guys from this misery.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with friends
4  Thank itssan
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I've been here 1 night and never come back here. It's not clean room and I even don't want to use their blanket. When I open the door to bancony, it's terrible dirty. That's not much problem for me but the receptionist service was worst. The girl in front desk has some kind of discriminated and disdainful attitude. The location not really easy to find, and you have to walk to the bigger road to take taxi. But you can walk along the street, it's just about 15' to airport.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends