“Fun rural tour”

Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Bangkok's original award-winning bicycle tour (including walking & boat tours). Our mission at Co van Kessel Bangkok Bike Tours and Boat tours is to provide our guests with a singularly unique and rewarding travel experience in Thailand. All our tours use Co's extensive topographical knowledge of the greater Bangkok area as well as his keen eye for the interesting to take you where nobody else can or will. We aim not to bore you with talk, but to immerse you in an experience where your individual fascinations emerge. Bicycles, boats, and our feet are our tools to gain access to the inaccessible (by car), behind-the-scenes lifestyle of the Thai. Here the roots of an ancient culture will become evident in a way you never could have imagined. Tours: Bangkok bike tour, Bangkok bicycle tour, Bangkok boat tour, Night tour
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved the tour!! However, during my tour, my bike was too high for me, so it was hard for me to balance. Maybe the tour should provide smaller bikes for shorter people.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)
All reviews
in 16 reviews
"longboat"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Bicycle tour was very interesting and well organized. Helmet and water were provided. The guide was very attentive and took care of all members of the tour.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found this gem by looking on TA & what a find!
Our tour was from 6pm to 9pm - recommended as much cooler & less busy!
Our guide Suzi was excellent. Really friendly & fantastically knowledgeable - especially on the visit to Wat Pho. Sadly the temple housing the Reclining Buddha was closed but the area housing the temples is open in the evening & a great time to visit - our group of 5 plus 5 others were the only ones there!!
We visited the night flower market & Chinatown too & samples street food.
Highly recommended & at a pace to suit all levels of cyclists.

1  Thank Nicky C
CovanKesselBKKTours, Guest Relations Manager at Co Van Kessel Bangkok Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Nicky C,

So good to hear that you enjoyed our night tour with Suzy.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time
Thank you so much, I will tell her!

Enjoy your holiday.

Co van Kessel team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

it was a nice ride, a pity that there was no dutch guide leader. the spots were she stopped were not my stops, but the route was nice to see. maybe for the next time choose an other ( really small local) restaurant??

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This tour is a must d for everyone who visits Bangkok. It's absolutely great to cycle through the narrow streets of Bangkok's Chinatown. We did the five hour boat and bike combo, which is just about fine.

Unfortunately, we had some nagging Dutch people in our group. Being Dutch myself, I know how good we can be at useless complaining. So did this couple. They started the tour with the question: "When will this be finished?" Only to say that 'these bikes aren't that good as the ones they had in the Netherlands."

My girlfriend and I ignored the Dutch naggers, but we did found it a bit sad for our great guide Suzie. After crossing over to the more quite and greener part of Bangkok, she took us to a pier where we board a long tail boat that showed us around the Klongs of Thonburi. From there we did some cycling through small backstreets, over elevated pavements through lush jungle. But we where only 8 km away from central Bangkok!

We saw temples, while Suzie explained some very interesting facts about this part of Bangkok. It came to me that Bangkok truly is a gigantic city. At lunch the Dutch nagging couple had to make a stupid remark about it 'being to early to eat rice'. I wonder why people like this even bother to travel abroad. So sad.

We then sailed back to the Chao Phraya river and arrived at the Rivier City Pier. Just in time for the Dutch naggers 'to go to their next appointment.' Luckily we, and the other people in the group, had a great morning. It was the first time in Bangkok for my girlfriend and she loved it!

We did the morning tour, which I can recommend. It's an early start, but it's way more cooler than when you start in the afternoon.