“The best cafe I visited in Taipei”
Review of Cafe Lugo

Cafe Lugo
Ranked #990 of 13,003 Restaurants in Taipei
Reviewed March 26, 2017

My husband and I had cappuccino and latte, and we both agreed that they were the best ones we had during our trip. Spacious and clean, and from the ceilings, coffee pots are hung upside down to catch people's eyes. I recommend this if you want to get some coffee after seeing the view on the top floor.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Lugo

Reviewed March 24, 2017

if the Restaurants are to full during the rush hour it is a very good option to go to Cafe Lugo. Service is fast, Cafe and drinks very good and the cakes are delicious

Reviewed January 6, 2017 via mobile

I love the coffee blends. cafe lugo is originally from Korea but it's pretty famous in Taiwan. They also have delicious waffles to choose from and ice cream coffee :) but what amazes me the most are the stove-top espresso maker on the ceiling. :D

Reviewed September 23, 2016

Very central comfortable seating. Café is mediocre however, pastries and cakes are low quality (as in most places selling "west style" pastry in the far east. Do not fall for the nice presentation.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Visited for the convenience of its location on the main street, as i didnt have much time in the city today. The store looked interesting so i went in.

A gentleman was asking about its various coffee choices but didnt seem to be ordering yet and have stepped aside. So the barister waved me to the front for my turn.

The menu says it serves "Dutch coffee": Iced Dutch coffee & iced Dutch latte. When asked the staff (in Mandarin) what is Dutch coffee, what's the difference btw this style and regular coffee/latte, she just said it is a different way of making it.

So I asked in English, also adding some examples to help her understand wjat i am trying to know, e.g. how different is the taste, cup size, etc. Her look of impatience is showing all over her flat face....! Another staff stepped in and said the dripping method is different, etc. etc.. Anyway, i ordered it so as to try it. The barister continued to show her impatience while giving me the change.

The drink did taste quite interesting but i dont think it's worth that much. NT 145.

I was looking for ATM nearby and bumped into another cafe which had much better coffee & value & gave a more pleasant experience, which i have just added to TripAdvisor & will write a separate review about it.