“Grumpy staff, so-so Dutch latte”
Review of Cafe Lugo

Cafe Lugo
Ranked #40 of 622 Coffee & Tea in Taipei
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2016 via mobile

Visited for the convenience of its location on the main street, as i didnt have much time in the city today. The store looked interesting so i went in.

A gentleman was asking about its various coffee choices but didnt seem to be ordering yet and have stepped aside. So the barister waved me to the front for my turn.

The menu says it serves "Dutch coffee": Iced Dutch coffee & iced Dutch latte. When asked the staff (in Mandarin) what is Dutch coffee, what's the difference btw this style and regular coffee/latte, she just said it is a different way of making it.

So I asked in English, also adding some examples to help her understand wjat i am trying to know, e.g. how different is the taste, cup size, etc. Her look of impatience is showing all over her flat face....! Another staff stepped in and said the dripping method is different, etc. etc.. Anyway, i ordered it so as to try it. The barister continued to show her impatience while giving me the change.

The drink did taste quite interesting but i dont think it's worth that much. NT 145.

I was looking for ATM nearby and bumped into another cafe which had much better coffee & value & gave a more pleasant experience, which i have just added to TripAdvisor & will write a separate review about it.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

The heading says it all unfortunately. I was killing some time before my tour of the Taipei 101 Observatory, so I figured I'd try out this place since they had waffles. Unfortunately, the waffle I had was extremely mediocre. The flavor of the waffle was bland, and the topping was overly sweet - couldn't even finish it. Service was fine, but nothing exceptional. It was busy, but I'm guessing more so because of convenience/location because the food wasn't worth it.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Came in morning to get a coffee (after the awful one at the hotel). Espresso was good, which is hard to find in Taiwan. They also have desserts and cakes.

Reviewed March 10, 2016 via mobile

This is a great place to grab a cup of coffee on a cold and rainy day in Taipei.

Has the ambience of Starbucks but more food variety. Neat and interesting decor.

Desserts to match your coffee are to die for. Try it and you'll love it.

Reviewed November 7, 2015 via mobile

I wanted a quick bite & now I regret going into this overpriced cafe with the worst service imaginable - even the burger I ordered tasted lukewarm and the salad bland - no thank you. No way no more no no no - I wish I had continued to McDonalds or Burger King!