“Lovely Matcha roll and cappuccino”

The Lobby of Simple Kaffa
Ranked #32 of 615 Coffee & Tea in Taipei
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Specialty coffee, homemade dessert, passionate team. Delicious coffee and more than delicious dessert! Simplicity is the utmost complexity.
Reviewed July 30, 2017

I really enjoyed the coffee and the cake on the day I visited. But I only gave them 4 stars becoz the staffs were not very attentive or warm-welcoming to the customers. I can understand they might be busy at the time, but it's a small place and there actually were many staffs working at he same time(at least more than 4 or five). I had to find my own seat and went to the counter to ask for the menu, and asked them how to order. The staff I talked to at the counter made me feel that she didn't bother to answer my question nor quickly ask someone to help me. Though later on the waiter who served me was very friendly and gave me recommonded me a very nice coffee to try.

I didn't know what to order,so the staff recommended me to try their cappuccino, and they called it "Quickly Drink Cappuccino" in Chinese, 快點喝卡布其諾. Just as its name, you've got to drink quickly when it's hot. It tasted more like latte to me, but in a nice way, as the froth on the top was really creamy. It's the best cappuccino I've ever had, highly recommend!!!

Their Matcha roll is so far the most delicious cake I've ever had in Taiwan. The cake is so soft that it just melted once you put into your mouth. And the matcha cream and the white milk cream go so well with the matcha chiffon cake. It's so lovely I wish I could have another one soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2017

My coffee took a lot longer to be served because the barista felt that it wasn't brewed properly. She did a second batch for me. I was very impressed with the pride they took in serving the best. For the long wait time, they offered me a sample of another coffee. It was a really nice gesture that took me by surprise. The matcha roll was delicious and it is a must-try! A great place for high quality coffee!

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

The Lobby of Simple Kaffa is located in the basement of Hotel V. It has a casual but comfortable ambience. The coffee is excellent! I had a latte and my husband had a cappuccino and both did not disappoint. Do not fail to order the Matcha roll which is the best we've had! We had to order another! The Tiramisu was also awesome. The pleasant staff was quite amused as we took lots of photos. When in Taipei, make sure to include this in your itinerary.

Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Nice cafe with good service. Good selection of drinks and we also enjoyed a cake or two! Worth a visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

This is one of those perfect places to rest your feet when you're out shopping. Located in one of Taipei's most popular places to shop, it is also one of the few places that you can dine outdoors! I loved the desserts, the hot cocoa was good. I loved the outdoor seats. (The indoor area was a bit crowded)
Would visit again.