“One Of The Best Matcha Shop In Taipei - 台北最佳抹茶店之一”

Myowa Japanese Sweet Cafe
Ranked #34 of 200 Dessert in Taipei
Reviewed February 27, 2017 via mobile

It is our habit to try out matcha sweet/shop in Taipei due to daughter & wife are very much addicted. This is so far the best from service and matcha products. Matcha red bean soup, hot cake with ice cream at sizzling hot pan, sticky rice cake on the stick at self service grill and latte are all very delicious and authentic. This is a nice place for little hangout and enjoy.
因為女兒和太太很愛抹茶產品,所以我們常常到處吃抹茶店,這家是到目前為止還第一名,服務和產品都很棒!抹茶紅豆湯、抹茶蛋糕佐冰淇淋在熱鐵盤上淋抹茶、自烤麻糬和抹茶拿鐵都很好吃、好喝又口味道地,適合來歇一會兒和享受好甜點和好服務。

There are newer reviews for Myowa Japanese Sweet Cafe

Reviewed February 21, 2017

Greeted by their minimalistic yet modern exterior, this café is heaven on earth for matcha green tea lovers as they only serve matcha green tea desserts here. A must visit in Taipei!

Reviewed October 21, 2016

I'm not so happy with this cafe.

I went there with my mom, the staff said we neeeded to order at least 1 menu per person , and we can stay up to 90 mins, which was fine for me. The menu had photos and was in CN, EN & JP. But we had to order by select and the menu in order sheet which is in CN only. It took me around 15-20 mins to find what i'd like to order. I passed it to cashier,Then the staff told me that My order was not enough. I told them i ordered warabi mochi & cheescake set. It's 2 menus already, but they said "That is not expensive enough"
WTH!!!
I then asked if i can add japanese dango. I wanted to evat Japanese sweet rather than matcha fusion ones. They said "NO. You need to order 2 main matcha sweets or drinks." I cannot even order 2 pieces of matcha cake. But it must be 2 sets of cake. This is so unfair. I came to the shop and i had to order what I didn't really want to eat so that i can order other menus that i actually aimed for.
This is a sweet cafe. I went there after lunch. How can people order that much? At least we already ordered one menu per person , but they said "it's not expensive enough"
I surely do not recommend my friends to this place.

Reviewed July 11, 2016

The Matcha Pound Cake and Lava Cake are pretty good, not too sweet and jelat (aka cloy). The drinks could be better though. The matcha pound cake is something rather unique to Myowa because I don't see it elsewhere. The combination blends in well. The lava cake is not too sweet, which I like but the ice cream could be better I feel.

Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

This was my third visit and the worst one. Chose the cake set (green tea tiramisu + green tea pudding + ice cream) and iced green tea. The tiramisu and pudding were nice, but the roast tea ice cream tasted sour. Asked the waiter to follow up but was ignored a few time before he turned to my table. He just said he'd ask and kept us waiting for 5 more minutes. Considering it's just a small cafe and the cake set costed NT$360, is it acceptable? Finally the same waiter came back, took away my roast tea ice cream and gave me a green tea one. He didn't explain what was wrong or felt sorry about the bad ice cream. He just told people at the next table that roast tea ice cream was not available. Indeed no one at the cafe seemed to be care about giving customer an ice cream that turned bad. What if it was a kid that was having the bad ice cream and couldn't tell that it's sour?
Will not visit the cafe anymore as there're plenty of similar cafes in the city.

1  Thank ChristinaCC214