“As good as the one in HK”

Coffee Alley - Dunhua
Ranked #10 of 614 Coffee & Tea in Taipei
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2014

Coffee Alley is famous and popular in Taiwan, it is just open in Hong Kong.

I had tried once Coffee Alley at Tsim Sha Tsui HK, the quality of food is as good as the one in Taipei.

Well-designed menu has got many attractive photos and all dishes are served in nice way to make us have good appetite.

Recommended Drinks, served with snacks:
Coffee Latte
Fresh Fruit Tea
Camomile Tea with Lychee Aroma
Ginger Tea with Honey

Recommended Food:
Beef Curry Rice (the potato is the most tasty and side dish is good too)
Toast Skagen Shrimp Salad with Potato (it is as delicious as the one I tried in Norway, very fresh shrimp and don't forget to add lemon juice)
moked Chicken Toasted Pizza

Recommended Dessert:
Waffle is the must eat dessert and the serving portion is very big. If you get someone to share, it will be better.
Waffle with Fresh Strawberry, Ice Cream and Custard
Chocolate Ice Cream & Banana Waffle

Location: 10 mins walk from metro, better to ask local people about direction
Staff: young and cool
Dinning Time: limited, a bit rush

Reviewed May 18, 2014

their signature waffle is fascinating! with the price of 180 you can enjoy waffle fulled with strawberries. their fruit tea and iced drip coffee worth a try also.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I would recommend anyone going to Taipei to try out this restaurant, we went to the branch near Taipei train station, the restuarant was decorated with lots of green and floral, although the place was not bigand tables were placed quite closely however the greenery lightens the atmosphere.The waiters and waitresses all look very trendy and well trained. We reached the restaurant at about 12pm (official opening time) on a Monday and the place was already full, we had to wait for the next seating at 1:30pm. So if you are visiting, do take note. Taste wise I thought it was ok, we ordered 5 mains, 5 drinks and 3 desserts but the presentation of the food was just amazing! My favorite is the smoked duck with orange sauce dressing salad.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It's my first time to Coffee Alley. Heard that there are always queues but we arrived on a rainy weekend afternoon and were able to get a table for 6 quickly. We ordered different tea including fruit tea, rose tea, coffee and it all came with different tea cups and presentations. Lovely! We ordered 2 waffles with ice cream to share. One was the Salted Caramel and Green Tea ice cream with waffles. We all preferred the SC. It was a lively place with all the right vibes for a great time chatting and relaxing with friends. Wish they have a branch where I lived. Would visit again if I get a chance next time.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife is a big fan of waffles and was recommended to go to Coffee Alley by a friend. We got to the restaurant on a Monday at 13:30 hours. The place has a very bright and open feel.

Most seats were taken except those by the bar. If you don't make a reservation, you won't get a table and will have to sit at the bar, which was us.

We looked through the menu which states there is a 10% tip fee and 1.5 hour seating time limit.

We ended up ordering:

French Vanilla Milk Tea: $130, scores 7/10
- foamy top with vanilla flavour, warm not hot, slightly sweet
- not hot enough

Sesame Iced Coffee: $140, scores 9/10
- unique sesame cream ball
- my wife and I both thought this drink was really unique and flavourful, best of what we had

Fresh fruits & mango ice cream waffle: $170, scores 6/10
- passion fruit sauce tart, apple , orange, pineapple, kiwi pieces

Sesame ice cream waffle $160, scores 3/10
- custard spread, black sesame sauce, sunflower and pumpkin seeds

My wife was hugely disappointed by the waffles, which happens when you know your waffles. They were a nice thickness but they were NOT light nor fluffy. She couldn't finish her order and I ended up trying polish it off. It was like eating cake. The side items were good in my opinion, but they didn't make up for the waffles in my wife's opinion.

Melange Cafe is still the better choice for waffles, although Coffee Alley appears to offer more on its menu.

The place gets noisy. Service is average to below average, I had to ask to have my water filled a couple of times.

No credit card, cash only.