“Great food and magnificent vine”

J. W. Teres, The Bulgarian Restaurant
Ranked #487 of 13,509 Restaurants in Taipei
Price range: US$26 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Eastern European, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: BY RESERVATION ONLY. Last reservation 8:00 pm. Advanced reservation is a must. J. W. Teres is the only Bulgarian restaurant in Taiwan. Bulgarian cuisine in fine dining atmosphere. The unique variety of the menu derives from our authentic traditional Bulgarian recipes. And the sommelier has selected 181 white & red wines from around the world including the most famous Bulgarian wines. Our collection comprises some of the rarest & most unique extra old whiskey & cognac in Taiwan. BY RESERVATION ONLY. Dress code: SMART CASUAL. No slippers. Closed on Sunday. We cook everything from scratch & dinner with us take time.
Reviewed May 16, 2015

Having in mind that I am from Bulgaria, I chosed restaurant just to show my Taiwanese business partners our cuisine.But I was taken by surprise from the whole dinig experience.Krastio the owner have managed to summarize the best of Bulgarian cuisine, completed by some of best wines.

7  Thank Kiril G

Reviewed May 3, 2015

It was my first visit to any Bulgarian restaurant ever as i love Indian food most for heavy spices flavor & tongue biting chilies but this restaurant was worth a try & food was exceptional.

The Owner/ chef and the service people were helpful too to choose the best dishes for your appetite.

4  Thank Rick C
Reviewed April 28, 2015

I didn’t expect to find an Eastern European Restaurant in Taipei and was curious to visit the restaurant based on the excellent reviews.
I invited my Taiwanese business partners for dinner and we were all impressed with the whole dining experience.
The food is of excellent quality, prepared with fresh ingredients. The restaurant has an amazing wine and spirits collection.
The chef/owner of the restaurant gave us an informative presentation of every dish and wine, which was an experience on its own.
Both the chef and the waitress made you feel like VIP and they were very friendly and accommodating.
The whole dining experience is with a personal touch and we felt like we have our own personal chef for the night. The complimentary wine tasting contributed to the wonderful experience.

8  Thank NickMLB
Reviewed April 4, 2015

We dined here with my gf for our first year anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The restaurant is very charming and food is lovely. Chef is extremely friendly, he will always ask for customers' feedback and enjoys chatting. Strongly recommended for anyone that wants to spend a quiet evening tasting good Bulgarian wine and cuisine.

5  Thank Salazr9
Reviewed April 4, 2015

My boyfriend invited me to this restaurant for our anniversary as a surprise and it was amazing. The atmosphere was very romantic with low lights, candles and fresh lilies on each table.The waitress and the chef were both very friendly. Chef came out to introduce every single dish he put in front of us. He also recommended us a bottle of sparkling Bulgarian wine for the occasion and it was delicious. There is no menu in this restaurant as chef prepares only the finest ingredients available in that season. We chose to have a beef dish and a lamb dish and they were delicious. The meal took about 3 hours and we felt great about having so much time between courses, because we had time to enjoy each others company, talk and drink the wine. It is important to remember that this restaurant is RESERVATIONS ONLY. That ensures that each customer gets lots of attention and that all the food put on the table doesn't come from a freezer or microwave. We were very satisfied with our meal and will go there again.

5  Thank Danuta2812