“Breakfast in a shopping mall, New Yorker approved!”
Review of N.Y. Bagels Cafe

N.Y. Bagels Cafe
Ranked #1,256 of 13,281 Restaurants in Taipei
Reviewed October 18, 2016

After having a Taiwanese breakfast the day before, I wanted to change it up today. Originally leaning towards and looking for an American chain for breakfast, I stumbled upon this place.

What drew me was the world "bagels". As a New Yorker, bagels are our pride and joy. I had to vet these.

I walked up to the hostess and put my name on the list. The wait was about 30 minutes. So I grabbed a chair nearby and waited. The young lady was very attentive. I wasn't the only one waiting for a table in this line of chairs and she touched the line regularly.

My wait over, I immediately went for the bagels on the menu. Having had a shao bing yesterday, I had to have a sesame bagel today. They have plenty of flavored cream cheeses to go with. The bagel was wonderful! Lightly toasted and not too much cream cheese (back in NYC, they're notorious for putting WAY too much cream cheese on). A nice crisp outside and warm, mealy inside. I was actually sad when I finished it.

Anyway, to business. I was here for a full breakfast, not just a bagel. I forwent the pancakes and ordered their crossover brunch, which contained eggs, home fries, a hamburger steak, biscuits and butter... and half a kiwi. I haven't eaten a kiwi in years. Absolutely delicious, just as I remembered.

This place is a must for breakfast in Taipei. Please allow extra time as breakfast time is rush hour at this place and waits may be as long or longer than mine.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We sat in the place for 20 minutes with no service whatsoever. The host grunted at us as we left. I could not help but notice a table of five responded the same, leaving just before us.

Reviewed July 7, 2016

We had a nice, pleasant meal here. We were very challenged to find restaurants offering gluten free options for my niece and nephew. N.Y. Bagels had tasty rice dishes like risotto with pesto. Others in the family ate diner/breakfast food that was quite tasty. We ate at about 9:30pm after all the other restaurants and food courts in the area were closing.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

Had breakfast here since we couldn't find anything else at that time and this place seems quite popular. The seats we were given were so cramped for the 4 of us, we had to squeeze. Food took a while to come, but they got one of the orders wrong, giving me sausages instead of the patty which I had ordered. It was really nice of them to give the sausages to us free of charge though. The eggs and potatoes were average, you would have thought they would have better bagels too. The patty wasn't bad though. Entire meal was quite disappointing for my family.
Don't think I will be back though, considering there are so many better choices for the price they are charging..

Reviewed January 6, 2016

I ate twice at this restaurant during my visit to Taipei in January 2016. This restaurant is quite popular and one may have to wait awhile before getting a seat during rush hours. This is a testimony to the restaurant. The restaurant is located on the ground floor of the Qsquare shopping mall. The location is very convenient as the mall connects with the Taipei train station and the Taipei bus terminal. The food is reasonable (for American style food) but not great. If you like bagel, then there are not a lot of establishments that serves bagel in Taipei. The price is also quite reasonable.