“A mixed bag of great things and not so good”
Review of N.Y. Bagels Cafe

N.Y. Bagels Cafe
Ranked #1,264 of 13,295 Restaurants in Taipei
Reviewed December 20, 2015

Eaten here a couple of times. Some really nice things on the menu - the buffalo chicken wings were great. But for brunch today - at 10am - they had "run out of" ciabatta bread. Huh? By 10am? Maybe overall a little over-priced but mostly good service, and generally nice food. A bit noisy though.

Reviewed November 29, 2015

As expected , food and beverage here is of good quality , always packed with customers , do visit at odd hours. conviniently located within Q sqaure mall

Reviewed November 18, 2015

The decor in this restsurant is very nice, everything else stinks!!! We visitrd early on a Sunday morning. We drank our coffee and then ordered breakfast. The food took forever to come with no offers for coffee refills. When the food did come it came in stages (I was done before my hubby even got his food). The food was luke warm, the home fries were cold and mushy. Everything was overcooked and cold. Then the bill came almost $50 usd for terrible food and service. Then when we were about to pay they came over and asked us to leave. We ignored them and someone else came over and asked us to leave as our two hour limit was up (this is stated nowhere in the restaurant). I have been all over the world and have never had such terrible service!! :(

1  Thank Skyturtle101
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Have had several meals here and the first thought that comes to my mind is SLOW and subpar. If you are dropping in for a quick meal do not come here! The staff moves at such a slow pace I ended up having lunch instead of breakfast. We had at least three different servers so when it comes to tipping you have no idea who you would be tipping. Now before everyone gets excited I have lived in Taiwan for many years and know they add 10% to the bill but that is not a tip if you have a great meal and great service. When it comes to the food, dry and tasteless. If it wasn't for the location it would not survive in Taiwan. As I write this review I was asked to pay and leave!!! Terrible customer service!! Avoid at all costs!!

Reviewed October 23, 2015

Went here for Sunday brunch before my flight back. My companion and I each ordered from the set menu. Her meal arrived about 20 minutes before mine, and so she was pretty much finished with her meal before I started. Which is really bad timing on the part of the kitchen staff. The food was fairly average fare - nothing exceptional compared to all the other wonderful restaurants - I'd say give a miss unless you're missing western-style food.