“A unique and fun twist on Shaved Ice and Bubble Tea”
Review of Ice Monster

Ice Monster
Ranked #4 of 199 Dessert in Taipei
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 19, 2017

Highly recommended by a family friend in Taipei, we went in the summer where Taiwan is uncomfortably hot and humid.

We went around 10 PM and there was still a long line out the door. I ordered the bubble tea shaved ice, while my mom ordered the Mango Shaved Ice.

Wow. I've never had bubble tea or shaved ice combined like this. The actual "ice" portion of the shaved ice was milk tea flavored, and they give you a little cup full of tapioca and syrup which you can sprinkle over the ice. This instantly became one of my favorite shaved ices places in Taiwan, having lived in Taichung previously for 5 years.

You cannot come to Taiwan without having shaved ice from Ice Monster!

There are newer reviews for Ice Monster

Reviewed April 18, 2017

There is so much better shaved ice in Taipei. My friend warned me that this place was overrated, but I didn't think that all the high reviews could be wrong. They didn't have fresh mango when we went so we opted to have strawberry instead...and it was just presented as some fruit in a side cup. The shaved ice itself was nice, but nothing mindblowing. There is also no carnation milk in its shaved ice which I think is just the biggest travesty. Smoothie House's mango shaved ice was eons better.

I also tried some mini ice popsicles but they were pretty tasteless. I can see how this place might be better if you've never had shaved ice before, but I've eaten lots of it in Hong Kong and in New York and this place ranks along the bottom of what I've had.

2  Thank Joanna J
Reviewed April 13, 2017

We got the lychee & kiwi shaved snow and a melon sorbet here, they were amazing. The snow is light, the fruit is plentiful and the atmosphere is nice as well. The portions are large, even by american standards but it's mostly water so you won't be full after an hour, so eat up! Note: The menu has english and our waiter spoke english, so don't be afraid to come here if you can't speak chinese.

Reviewed April 12, 2017

I'm a sucker for shaved ice. There are many types of shaved ice, but the creamy shaved ice, which is served at Ice Monster, will reign supreme until the end of time (sorry vegans & lactose intolerants). That being said, Ice Monster gave me a total of two surprises. The first surprise was the size of the dessert. It was probably my mistake that I didn't do enough research beforehand but our party had three people and we ordered three ices, which was probably a mistake on our part not because it didn't taste good or was too expensive, it was just the sheer size of the dessert was humongous. But don't let the size take away from the amazing taste of the ice. Coming from NYC where there has recently been an ever-growing culture for shaved ice, I am confident in saying that Ice Monster has produced the best shaved ice that I have put into my mouth. The flavor and the creaminess are just too good to be true and I every time I look into a shaved ice establishment, I will always remember Ice Monster and regret not having a second stomach to order another one when I was in Taipei... This stuff is what dreams are made of and if all dreams are made with the dessert from Ice Monster, all I would do is sleep.

Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

I've never had anything quite like these deserts - a cross between a super slushy and ice cream - but so much better. It's creamy like icee cream, but light and fluffy with air. We got the coffee which came with a small carafe of coffee jello and cookies and cream ice cream. Highly recommend. We also ordered strawberry which came with a similar small scoop of strawberry ice cream. Great - five stars - and I hope Ice Monster goes global and makes it to Washington DC!