“A taste of culture and history”
Review of Fong Da Coffee

Fong Da Coffee
Ranked #4 of 615 Coffee & Tea in Taipei
Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Since I was staying in the Wanhua district and my hostel was nearby, I just couldn't miss out on this coffee experience. Mainly because coffee runs in my veins. LOL

Fong Da is one of the oldest coffee shops in Taipei. The shop is a little rustic and small. So don't be surprised if you will see a line just to get in. I went in on a weekday when I 1st tried it, and I was immediately accommodated.

The menu is limited in terms of food choices. But since I was hungry I ordered the breakfast set with toasts on the side. The set consists of 2 fried eggs, a slice of ham and brewed coffee. Not really earth shattering, but it will do to start your day. The highlight really was the coffee. It was aromatic, strong but not acidic. The coffee is still brewed via drip. But you can also experience their various brewing methods and various coffee beans that is available in the store.

Understand that this is a local coffee shop, so don't expect a "starbucks" type of customer experience.

If you are in Taipei much more in the area, please make sure to stop by and try their coffee.

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Looking for high quality coffee for your trip to Taipei? Then go to Da Fong. They have a roaster onsite and have a decent coffee menu for you to sample.

I had the Taiwanese syphon and was very impressed with how clean the flavours were. There is also the regular espresso based fare.

My only regret was not coming back. Note they do offer some simple food options, toast, omelette etc.

Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

Whenever I come to Taipei it's a must for me to order their breakfast set. Consists of 2 eggs, slice of ham and 2 slices of toast with jam and butter. And of course, a cup of coffee! Costs 100NTD which is pretty worthwhile.

Please go early in the morning to avoid queueing.

Their iced coffees are fantastic too.

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews and thought we'd drop by for a coffee after all the street walking at ximending. Was informed that we can't share a coffee which was actually highly priced (from TWD85 onwards). It was a tiny, dark and dated space but I suppose you pay for the novelty. Dante Coffee down the road had coffee starting from TWD60, loads of space and super clean restrooms. The cashier was a million years friendlier than the lady at Fong Da. We won't be back to Fong Da.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Not tourist friendly especially if u are bringing small children. Their coffee is nice but very rude services. Won't come back again