“Perfect Location for Shilin Night Market”
Review of Les Suites Grandee

Les Suites Grandee
Ranked #149 of 585 Hotels in Taipei
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I chose Les Suites Grandee Taipei based on its proximity to the Shilin night market and it did not disappoint. It's a stone's throw from all the action - go out and eat til you're ready to burst and then wheelbarrow back to your bed. The food is really that good.

The hotel is also extremely close to the train which is also a major bonus. I traveled to Taroko and back in a day and it wasn't too much of a hassle getting from the hotel to Taipei Station.

No complaints on the room - I slept soundly here. Although I didn't have a chance to try the complimentary breakfast.

Also very helpful were Wendy and Paula, who helped arrange taxi pickup from the airport as I was arriving into the country late at night and speak no Mandarin. Next trip to Taipei, I'll be staying here. Thank you, Les Suites Grandee!

I w

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo

Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

I checked in the hotel in the evening yesterday. Good location, comfy room.

Everything when well until I took the shower before going out for dinner.
The floor was decorated by glass tile. It look beautiful but a hidden threat. Some of the glass tiles were broken and I completely unaware of that until a sharp piece of glass cut deep into my foot. Blood was running out all over the floor. The cut was 4-5 cm and around 2-3mm deep.
I used lots of paper to stop the blood and luckily I still had some bandage with me.

The real disappointment was when I call the hotel to inform them about the accident and ask them to change the room & bring a medical box for me.
They sent a non-English speaking staff to investigate and later bring me some bandage.

I wanted to clean my would properly and need some pain relief. But I had to call the helpdesk from times to times and their response was so cold like "not-my-business" and like I was asking for a special services.
They even didn't say a proper apologies to me, which in asian culture is very insulting to us.

It was my first day here and I was having a full list of activities to explore and I found myself walking painfully on the first night. I even could not go out for dinner even the busy night market is right on the opposite side. They did ruin my trip from the very first hour here.

I share this for your future reference. This hotel is good in location and you still can stay if you are a bit cautious with the bathroom floor & don't expect too much from the staffs when need some help. That's it!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hoang P
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Bad:
-CANT ADJUST AIRCON IN THE SUMMER!!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!?! The aircon feels like you're being sneezed on by a little mouse sucking on an ice cube.
-Lift is equivalent to a cargo lift, fully metal, scratched, hot and poorly ventilated.
-toilet spot lights generating heat, adding to the agony.
-no automatic toilet seats like most other hotels in taipei.

Good:
-free small softdrink
-right by shilin street
-clean, tidy and honeywell air purifiers running at the corridors, good for people with dust allergy.
-quick response from front desk
-bathtub is deep and fills very fast with the water flow.
-decently sized room.
-wide window offers good view of the street.
-staff lowered the temperature by a whopping 0.5degC for us.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paul T
Reviewed May 30, 2017

Location in close proximity to the famous Shihlin Night, you can chose from the widest variety of Taiwanese street food. The hotel rooms are comfortable and well laid out. The staff were helpful and provided very personalized attentions to details in order to make my stay as trouble free as possible.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
grandeehotel, 前廳部經理 at Les Suites Grandee, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your good comment with us following your recent stay at Les suites grandee Hotel.
Your positive feedback is really encouraging to the hotel team, and is also the incentive to keep us moving forward.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Les suites grandee Hotel again, for another memorable stay in near future.

Your sincerely
Les suites grandee Hotel management

Reviewed May 26, 2017

My daughter was travelling alone and going on a school exchange to Taipei. I contacted the Les Suites Grandee and explained her situation. They were absolutely wonderful. The front staff arranged a limo pickup for her from the airport, allowed her to check in early, helped her settle and made sure she was comfortable for the three weeks she was there. They were in contact with me about payments and fees and all was most professionally done and in the most friendly manner.
My daughter loved the location across from the night market, the ease of being able to walk around and feel safe and especially the friendly greetings she got when she arrived back "home" every day.
We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo